Derby County v Fulham

Mafiabob

That second half was our best of the season. Nugent really deserves that after his showing on Friday. Such great work rate, and 3 fantastic goals.

I thought they were very good in possession, probably the best I've seen this season, but terrible out of it. Olsson had a bit of a torrid time against their RB. 

Is a late push on? Wednesday play Newcastle on Sat! 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Had a gander at of the fixture lists of the teams above us and now I regret it.. it's given me a ounce of hope. 

Norwich have almost the toughest fixture list possible. They won't be getting play offs. Fulham and Weds aren't as difficult, but aren't easy. Obviously both have to play us, and we simply have to beat them both. They actually face each other on the final day, which could be huge for both sides, whilst we travel to Rotherham... 

Fulham:

Derby (A)

Ipswich (H)

Norwich (A)

Villa (H)

Huddersfield (A)

Brentford (H)

Wednesday (A)

Weds:

Rotherham (A)

Newcastle (H)

Cardiff (H)

QPR (A)

Derby (H)

Ipswich (A)

Fulham (H)

Norwich:

Huddersfield (A)

Reading (H)

Fulham (H)

Preston (A)

Brighton (H)

Leeds (A) 

QPR (H)

Derby:

Fulham (H)

Birmingham (A)

Brentford (A)

Huddersfield (H)

Wednesday (A)

Wolves (H)

Rotherham (A)

Now I'm not deluded, it will be next to impossible to achieve. The bookies have us at 28/1 to finish in the top 6, Fulham 8/15, Wednesday evens and Norwich 25/1. Based on those fixtures, I'd say Wednesday have the most favourable run in, and I think they're a good price to finish in the top 6. Might be worth a lump for some. 

We do have a tough run in, but the fixtures against Wednesday and Fulham are definitely needed, so that can be considered a pro rather than a con.

We probably need to win 6 to even have a chance, with two of those against Wednesday and Fulham. It just makes you regret those late goals against Forest and Preston even more! 

Give this a bump.... 

What about Dave?

Anyroadup.

What the flip did I just witness? For 30 minutes first half I don't think we touched the ball in their last third. The most one sided half of football I've ever seen where the team under the cosh come in winning.

Surprised Rowett didn't change things 20/25 minutes in in a way it was so one sided from the moment we scored.

Second half we made much more of contest and could have won by more, but was anyone else bricking it when they went 4-2 within 10 seconds of us nearly going 5-1? 

We robbed them in some ways, but then again for all their pretty football we had the better chances, partly (mainly?) due to insane defending from them. If they could defend like they attack, they'd be 10 points clear.

Brilliant nights entertainment, and fair play to Fulham for their part in it. As was said above, it was like watching us in early Steve Mac mode at times. If only they'd had a top class centre forward as a focal point to hold it up and bring people in around the edge of the box....

I am far too excited to write a match report tonight so going to have some horlicks and a lie down 

Brilliant job Dave 

Very clever, very observant Gary Rowett.

and I know we are going to get better as each game goes by. He is seeing the weaknesses and working on them

Rowett bringing Butterfield on changed the game. Sounds weird as we were 2-1 up but Fulham would have eventually made their dominance count in the second half. Gave us a lot more control despite JB maybe not doing much in isolation. Allowed Bryson to press ten yards higher which made a huge difference.

I hope Vydra would have been made aware that it was purely tactical.

Also, did anyone notice Nugent barge into their keeper a second or two before our fourth goal, I think it panicked him slightly into rushing it.

Archived