Reality check - what do you expect???,

We are a shambles. Imo the following have all contributed.

Too many managers since Nige.

Too many players on the decline bought for top dollar on long contracts

Lack of players brought in who are young, up-and-coming and hungry to progress

Apple cart has most definetly been rocked. Tight knit squad of 2013-14 that had 15 first team players plus back-up and sprinkling of youth has now bloated to at last count 20-25 senior pro's. This is too many and leads to dressing room discord.

Lack of bite and pace in the middle of the park.

Too much money thrown around like candy (crush) has raised fans expectations through the roof. Fans and players no longer have that same bond. Fans turn on players very quickly and when we are losing go for he usual scapegoats.

No continuity at all. Every manager wanted to play a different way so signed players who in their opinion would fit in. The players struggle to adapt which shows to me they have no football brain.

To be fair signings since 2014 with the exception of Incey and Carson have been appaling.

To conclude the mess we are in....is it any suprise?????

Going to need balls of steel to steer the Titanic from the iceberg. Is Macca tje right man???? Im not so sure but he MUST be given next season.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have stuck with Clement. Given him two full seasons. We would be challenging now I believe. 

Instead he listened to his players. 

Perhaps should have stuck with Pearson and let him make the changes he wanted. Rome wasn't built in 2 months. 

Instead he listened to the players. 

In summary, **** the players. 

58 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Going to need balls of steel to steer the Titanic from the iceberg. Is Macca tje right man???? Im not so sure but he MUST be given next season.

Do you think McLaren has the inclination to rip up this team or simply tinker with the same players trying to find a winning formulae 

I don't need a reality check, I can see that my football club are no longer a team and are just a bunch of disinterested individuals who don't really want to be at the club.

No supporter can defend the lack of commitment last night from most of the players, what a horrible game to watch. Did any of our players talk to each other on any occasion during the game? There's nothing positive with this team at the minute and changes need to be made, personally I would be changing both players and manager at the quickest opportunity. McClaren IMO had his chance last time and from what happened two years ago, that kind of football over the past 10 or so games isn't acceptable. You can understand 1 or 2 games but this run is too long.

Maybe whilst they are at it they should be looking at Sam Rush too and some of the horror decisions this man has made, but no, he will go unnoticed and be ready to appoint the next flop of a manager.

Sam Rush? Is he still at Derby? 

The only time you see the guy is when the team are on the up - when we're in a tailspin he's nowhere to be seen. I feel he should bear a large slice of the responsibility for the Chris Martin farce but since all that kicked off I don't recall him putting in an appearance anywhere.

Effort. That's all I expect. I don't see any. They just don't appear to be bothered about their performances.

There definitely seems to be a pattern emerging with that shower. Apathy soon rears it's ugly head after the initial honeymoon period.

Mac says he knows the problem, I hope he does and he's not just buying time hoping to stumble on a solution to the problems we've got.

And I agree with Wolfie20, it's about time we saw some leadership from the boardroom, they're quick enough to show their faces when things are on the up, it's about time they rolled their sleeves up and earned their wages an' all.

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

And I agree with Wolfie20, it's about time we saw some leadership from the boardroom, they're quick enough to show their faces when things are on the up, it's about time they rolled their sleeves up and earned their wages an' all.

What do you propose, Mel Morris coming into the dressing room at half time again ☺

Bite my tongue now for weeks

but what we have watched is rubbish.

No tactics ! everything ! (players in wrong positions and players not knowing what they are doing there)

Players getting the ball and not taking anybody on and or giving it and moving forward into space for a quick return(PASSIVE FOOTBALL) Mac should know this and the other 15 members of his coaching Staff.

The players don t look interested ! would you with mac laughing and joking with the Brighton crowd when 3-0 DOWN.Makes us look a JOKE and the fans that traveled.

Transfer window - What a joke, linked with every player in the league and we get DAVID NUGENT and de JULIEN NO SKILL

Two strikers on the pitch with a combined age of nearly 80

We could of signed the whole of the Lincoln team and we would do better NO because MAC would turn them into CRAP

I could go on and on but we all know and watch our team 

Future - get a manger in with good players skills and knows how to train players into quick attacking football and shows passion on the touch line.  And going to be here a long time because Macs Days are numbered, Mel is watching you

We have turned into England of old 

TIME TO SORT OUR CLUB OUT PLEASE 

COYRS

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

What do you propose, Mel Morris coming into the dressing room at half time again ☺

I don't think Morris should enter the dressing room again, no but I assume he demonstrated nous and leadership to amass his fortune. I would like him to analyse everybody's contribution to the club from Sam Rush down and decide whether they are surplus to requirements.

I also assume he didn't suffer fools gladly in business, I expect him to be the same with our football club.

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I don't think Morris should enter the dressing room again, no but I assume he demonstrated nous and leadership to amass his fortune. I would like him to analyse everybody's contribution to the club from Sam Rush down and decide whether they are surplus to requirements.

I also assume he didn't suffer fools gladly in business, I expect him to be the same with our football club.

I genuinely wonder who is advising him at Derby? Or if he has been calling the shots then doesn't the buck stop with him?

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Sam Rush? Is he still at Derby? 

The only time you see the guy is when the team are on the up - when we're in a tailspin he's nowhere to be seen. I feel he should bear a large slice of the responsibility for the Chris Martin farce but since all that kicked off I don't recall him putting in an appearance anywhere.

Dives below the surface at the first sign of trouble?

Submarine Sam?

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I genuinely wonder who is advising him at Derby? Or if he has been calling the shots then doesn't the buck stop with him?

For me, the buck does stop with him. He must have approved these advisers, you don't listen to people who talk tripe, so clearly, if he values their counsel, he approves of them. If he is calling the shots without consultation he is naive and not the man I thought he was. 

AngryRam made a point that struck a chord with me, he's had no flak whatsoever for appointing Pearson, man was that a bad decision, if it wasn't his decision solely, he should be questioning the judgement of whoever though it would be a good idea to have him at the club.

I'm off out to cut lawns so won't see any replies for a bit, I'm not ignoring anyone. :thumbsup:

To the people blaming the players, are you the same people who blamed the players after the play off final defeat and after the following season's failure to make the play offs? You demanded new blood then and almost every single signing makes us worse and less cohesive. For three years I had to put up with people constantly campaigning for the sale of players like Hendrick, Ward, Grant, Martin, Buxton. "Couldn't cut it in the Prem", "We could do better", "Past it", "Not consistent enough". You have the gall to now act like you've somehow been slighted, these were your demands. Yes, Morris is a fool for listening, but he's been playing your ******* tune. And what is your latest master plan to arrest this slide? "Sell everyone!" Because day trading in the current market is such a wonderful idea.

No change in manager.

No major change in personnel.

A little bit of patience and continuity.

25 minutes ago, Anon said:

To the people blaming the players, are you the same people who blamed the players after the play off final defeat and after the following season's failure to make the play offs? You demanded new blood then and almost every single signing makes us worse and less cohesive. For three years I had to put up with people constantly campaigning for the sale of players like Hendrick, Ward, Grant, Martin, Buxton. "Couldn't cut it in the Prem", "We could do better", "Past it", "Not consistent enough". You have the gall to now act like you've somehow been slighted, these were your demands. Yes, Morris is a fool for listening, but he's been playing your ******* tune. And what is your latest master plan to arrest this slide? "Sell everyone!" Because day trading in the current market is such a wonderful idea.

No change in manager.

No major change in personnel.

A little bit of patience and continuity.

McLaren said in the post match RD interview, regarding getting the team sorted, that he knows exactly what to do and that behind the scenes everything is great including the chairman.

A lot to look forward to next season then. 

Predicted a loss,but expect the team to be motivated,enthusiastic and play with pride.An embarresment with little exception ,well done all you fans that attended sure you were misold this as a football match,becouse only one team turned up.

Archived