Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knowing we were 2 -1 up going into the 90th minute I just knew they were gonna score... we must be up there for the most goals conceded after 90 mins ... jeeez... 

Forest fans if you're lurking in here .. it was YOUR CUP FINAL ... let's get it right. :thumbsup:

26 k tho ... your fans are dropping away like flies ... :thumbsup:

Forest are a basketcase one flew over the cuckoo's nest of a  club ... with the owner from hell thrown in ... 

Hope they go down...

Forza DCFC and forza Gazza .... 

we'll get there. 

55 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

GR will sort it out. Early signs very positive. Keep at them GR. Our time will come.

Perfect post-match interview. Again I like the cut of this man's jib.

• Subtly highlights Brereton's play-acting at the end that led to the equalizer.
  • Mentions keeping the ball in the corner in future but doesn't call JR out by name.
  • Says we want to play 15 yards higher up the pitch and press the opposition.
  • Brilliant dig at the gumps' celebrations, saying that if we ever do drop points, we want the opposition to celebrate like that.

Long, long way to go, and a shame this season is already over, but I do feel, finally, we're in good hands.

3 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

May sound stupid but......

Im happy that we conceded that late on especially from a set play because that has been one of our biggest weaknesses this season

I'd like to think he would have watched the some DVD's of our recent games and seen this without the need to concede another today

46 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Na ,send the buggers down.:thumbsup:

I remember a game against Arsenal when we were ready for the drop way back... It really really hurt when they started to sing "we'll never play here again" .... Normally I am a sporting sort of bloke but though I'd miss the games it would be kinda nice to inflict that pain :thumbsup:

PistoldPete2

Well we've taken 4 points from forest this season , winning 5-2 on aggregate. But we've still got issues with corners and late goals. I like rowett's post match interview , he certainly talks the talk. 

What's the verdict on Vydra ? Is he going to make the grade ? I am a fan but I recognise that cogs don't always mesh. Did he look useful apart from the goal ? 

I am just thinking he has now scored 4 or is it 5 with sparse appearances under 3 managers. The fee was crazy high but just maybe there are signs he can fit in a half decent plan as a foil to a Nuge or a Martin ? 

Interesting watching Nugent's post match interview. He said our defenders have got a habit of dropping back which in turn makes the midfield drop back and invites pressure from the opposition and leaves the strikers isolated. He repeated this a few times in the interview, don't think he particularly rates our defenders and who can blame him!

2 minutes ago, jono said:

What's the verdict on Vydra ? Is he going to make the grade ? I am a fan but I recognise that cogs don't always mesh. Did he look useful apart from the goal ? 

I am just thinking he has now scored 4 or is it 5 with sparse appearances under 3 managers. The fee was crazy high but just maybe there are signs he can fit in a half decent plan as a foil to a Nuge or a Martin ? 

I think he's improving and doesn't seem scared of trying things and taking responsibility with the ball. A sure sign that his confidence is returning. 

The players have been criticised a lot recently and rightly so. First half again today was poor, but we had chances and a perfectly good goal ruled out. Rowett also accepted responsibility as he told the players not to press first half and that was the problem. Second half was immense, couldn't fault any of them. We didn't manage the game well in stoppage time but we'll work on that. In the second half players showed the character and bottle required to be successful today, need to keep it going for the rest of the season. Forest just got lucky.

Minimum requirement today was don't lose and put in a performance fans can get behind and be proud of. Job done on both counts.

Apols if already mentioned but highlight for me was forest celebrating their equaliser like they had won the league. Shows how precious a draw with Derby that does nothing for their relegation battle is to them! ???

Archived