Who needs to go

David Hodgkinson

3 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

The biggest problem is who comes in. None of us have any faith in the scouting department. We seem to buy a lot of players that aren't better than we already have. 

True

i find it odd that chris evans spends every match day watching Derby.

chris. Get off your jacksey. Go and watch some players. Go to holland. Go to wherever. Find the players that we can build a team around without splashing silly money. 

why are you sat looking at the back of sam rush's head every week?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

The biggest problem is who comes in. None of us have any faith in the scouting department. We seem to buy a lot of players that aren't better than we already have. I'd rather not sign anyone because have completely lost faith  in the judgment of the staff that sign our players 

Exactly.  Given the dross we've signed in the last 2-3 years, I can't believe our recruitment team are still in jobs.  Why was Chris Evans re-appointed?  He did absolutely nothing to make the squad any better than before he arrived the first time.

I was deeply uneasy about the amount of money being spent around the time we bought Johnson and Butterfield, and it's only been worse since then.

6 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Exactly.  Given the dross we've signed in the last 2-3 years, I can't believe our recruitment team are still in jobs.  Why was Chris Evans re-appointed?  He did absolutely nothing to make the squad any better than before he arrived the first time.

I was deeply uneasy about the amount of money being spent around the time we bought Johnson and Butterfield, and it's only been worse since then.

Yes, we have a bloated staff who won't be looking forward to their annual appraisal. 

I just hope Mel and Sam do a good job in their assessment of how to take the club forward. 

We have to get rid of the 'bottler' image else no player will want to join us.

What happened to the days when we used to sign one really good player a season? Obviousky we used to compliment that with loans and maybe a couple more signings. Thorne, barker, keogh(depends if you rate him but when we signed him he was a lot better than what we already had) I think we need one or two quality players. Ship lots out and use young players if they are good enough as squad players or on the bench as we have a few good players coming through. We have a good squad but not a good team so that says we are buying quantity over quality. 

Just now, Papahet said:

Id expect upto 15 gone this summer.

Roos, Bennett, Santos, Vydra, Baird, Bent, Camara, Blackman, Weimann, Russell, Bryson, Olsson, Shackell.

Get ten million tops for the lot.

I'm in agreement, I see a lot being moved on this summer.

I'd personally see if Baird can't be persuaded for another season as a backup, but he shouldn't be let go without another RB being in place first. 

Vydra would be disappointed for him, but I fear he's gone the way of Blackman. 

I think Russell will be dependent on bids coming in, I think Mac is a fan so won't actively get rid. 

15 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

We need to get rid of football manager experts. 

As I said earlier in the thread, there has to be demand in order to move people on. If you know anyone daft enough to pay me to post rubbish on a different forum then please forward their details to my agent.

On 26/02/2017 at 12:12, Derbyram1983 said:

The biggest problem is who comes in. None of us have any faith in the scouting department. We seem to buy a lot of players that aren't better than we already have. I'd rather not sign anyone because have completely lost faith  in the judgment of the staff that sign our players 

No. The biggest problem is the huge number of poorly performing players whom have been brought in at grossly inflated transfer fees and large salaries that we are now stuck with and won't be able to give away.  Butterfield, Johnson, Vydra, Blackman can't see us being able to ship any of them for free unless we paid their wages at the other club.

Realistically do clubs ever have BIG clear outs at the end of a single season ? I get the feeling it's a general dribble over time as contracts run down, miserable offers are made that we either accept gloomily or snatch at depending on who it is and how much. 

We have some players that don't fit for various reasons:

we payed so much money for we wouldn't want to see the loss 

they have a long contract that they couldn't get anywhere else so are happy to go training every week for what most people earn in a year.

have reached an age where performances have peaked and are on a gradual slide in to veteran status

they were simply bad buys - we saw something that has never materialised on the pitch 

they don't fit any conceivable system we might play 

Archived