Who needs to go

David Hodgkinson

4 minutes ago, Davide said:

I will take playing with 10 men and getting Bent's goals ! He's done really well and is a top finisher I'm puzzled by critics of Bent. He doesn't do as much as Martin in terms of build up play but he's a top striker. He's not even had great service and still manages to score quite a lot considering. 

...considering how many chances he misses, get gone, he's bilge

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start with Will Hughes on the "retain" list.

Then there's a dozen good Championship players we can argue should stay or shouldn't, and another dozen who've had their chance and just aren't good enough.

It needs a total rebuild in my opinion. I don't care who goes or stays, just start again and build around Will.

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wholesale changes needed, too many average players in the team

Out: Christie,Shackell,Olsson,Johnson, Russell,Blackman,Camara,Bent,Weimann,Vydra

In: Right back, Centre back, CDM, Centre mid, 1 right winger, 1 left winger

Lots of work to do for McClaren 

About the only change I'd make to that is Butterfield for Johnson.

Due to ffp we will probably need to generate some transfer funds.

So therefore on current form it would be Ince out for between 10 and 20 million.

Also out for me would be Keogh anywhere between 3 to 10 mill.

Shackell, Russell, Blackman, Baird and Bent would free up wages and generate a further 4 or 5 mill.

This would give us at least 20 million to replace and strenghen for a promotion push next season.

So, with Martin back and Bent (apparently) and Nugent, we want to keep Ince. Of the other forwards, I'd keep Russell and Anya, letting weimann Blackman and camara go, but I wouldn't be fussed if we sold any of them, especially if we got an alright fee.

Midfield, I think Johnson doesn't really fit, assuming de sart goes back to boro, we've not really that many options, so it depends on who we recruit - its OK to sell bryson, he's declining due to injuries for example, but we'll still need an energetic midfielder to compliment Hughes, its OK to say sell butters, but we still need a technical midfielder to cover Hughes and add control.

Defence, yeah, not fussed if shackell leaves, olsson, Baird and Christie to, but only if we recruit better.

The key to all this is who we get in, and them being better suited than those who leave.

A lot of changes to a different but realistically not much better squad is foreseeable (especially given our last few seasons signings)

6 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

The biggest problem is who comes in. None of us have any faith in the scouting department. We seem to buy a lot of players that aren't better than we already have. I'd rather not sign anyone because have completely lost faith  in the judgment of the staff that sign our players 

This.

We've spent a lot of money over the past few seasons and bought a lot of players, but other than maybe Ince has anyone really nailed down a place in the starting eleven?

Mel has spent millions on players, managers, the academy etc, next he needs to overhaul the scouting dept and give a manager long enough to get rid of the players he doesn't need and bring in players he does.

Buying players for players sake combined with chopping and changing managers is getting us in a mess.

Surely we need to know who is going be in charge and the formation they are going to use?

For instance I would not bin off either of Vydra or Anya if a switch to 4-4-2 was a possibility.

If we became a team that didn't play out from the back, Shackell would be a regular and maybe we could cash in on Keogh.

The only players for me that have shown nothing to make me think they could fit into any system are Camara and Blackman.

15 hours ago, David Hodgkinson said:

My opinion

Blackman     Camara

Vydra           Shackell

Baird            Bryson

Bent

I would guess weimann's days are numbered too as hes been shipped out on loan. Not sure about Bradley Johnson either, whats going on there what with shirtgate and all.

Bent and Baird have done well but with their contracts being up and their age maybe time to let go.

Also Olsson may be surplus to requirements when Fozzy gets back. And Russells done nothing this season. And Anya couldnt even get on the pitch agaisnt Villa. 

Mayeb a few fringe players to go too. All in all a massive clear out.

I think the clues are there regards who Mac will try and move on. Huge clues. Those who barely get games. Those who he's given the odd chance to recently who haven't impressed. Those unable to get off the bench even when losing. Clues are all there. 

I think only Ince will be coveted by others, he's been standout this season. Can't see Mac allowing him to go though. 

2 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

The biggest problem is who comes in. None of us have any faith in the scouting department. We seem to buy a lot of players that aren't better than we already have. I'd rather not sign anyone because have completely lost faith  in the judgment of the staff that sign our players 

Its not gonna be easy bringing anyone in in the summer. Don't forget, Villa who are still not pulling up any trees may still want to sign anything that moves, and we all know that just like any spoilt child, whatever they want, they will inevitably get.

Archived