My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off topic,got a warm up gig tonight as I got asked to help out my old band who have an important gig with a band called Bang bang Romeo (?)at the end of December.

I haven’t picked up my guitar for years but the other guy is struggling and I thought it might be a distraction.

Joel’s too ill to come unfortunately but we’re hoping he can make the other one,then I’m packing up again.

3mgHJb3.jpg

2 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Slightly off topic,got a warm up gig tonight as I got asked to help out my old band who have an important gig with a band called Bang bang Romeo (?)at the end of December.

I haven’t picked up my guitar for years but the other guy is struggling and I thought it might be a distraction.

Joel’s too ill to come unfortunately but we’re hoping he can make the other one,then I’m packing up again.

3mgHJb3.jpg

BD38B8BE-A70B-4F97-8E7F-29CB63CD7E45.thumb.jpeg.4f0837a751f09b5a423e356e768106e8.jpeg

Thought I recognised you from somewhere!

On 10/12/2019 at 18:25, Van Cone De Head said:

3mgHJb3.jpg

West Street Live! 

Only just seen this or else I would have popped out and said hello, hope it was a good one!

Did you take them up on their drinks offers? They don’t really advertise them mind...

23 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

West Street Live! 

Only just seen this or else I would have popped out and said hello, hope it was a good one!

Did you take them up on their drinks offers? They don’t really advertise them mind...

It is mate and not me I was driving @Mrs Cone did mind.

Gig was fine,it was just a warm up for this Bang Bang Romeo thing then I can pack it up for good.

I’ll let you know if they play at West Street again.

On 10/12/2019 at 18:25, Van Cone De Head said:

3mgHJb3.jpg

WSL! My favourite place to end up after a particularly drunk night out ? didn't ever expect to see it on the forum!

Alright,

Had a nice message from someone yesterday and the thought was really appreciated.

It looks like we’re going to get Joel through the year without major surgery which will be the first since 2011 which is great.

Unfortunately he’s not in great shape at the minute and doesn’t want to continue the struggle and it is upsetting to see him like this but he’s been through a lot and I’m certain we’ll get him through it.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Alright,

Had a nice message from someone yesterday and the thought was really appreciated.

It looks like we’re going to get Joel through the year without major surgery which will be the first since 2011 which is great.

Unfortunately he’s not in great shape at the minute and doesn’t want to continue the struggle and it is upsetting to see him like this but he’s been through a lot and I’m certain we’ll get him through it.

Thanks

Im sure you will too.

Happy Christmas to all the cones.

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Alright,

Thanks

Take strength from each other, you've got a great team behind you, and with a supportive DCFCFans.uk base willing you all on.

Happy Christmas, and a happy new year, Coneheads!

13 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Take strength from each other, you've got a great team behind you, and with a supportive DCFCFans.uk base willing you all on.

Happy Christmas, and a happy new year, Coneheads!

We know mate,don’t underestimate the difference it’s made to us,cheers.

All the best.

• 2 weeks later...

We just want to say thanks for the support for the last year,massively appreciated.

Special thanks to those who got Joel to Wembley.

You lot are about the only people I speak to about the process and I’m not going to be all big and manly and pretend there isn’t some dark moments.

You lot,the football,the club is massive...thanks.

6 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

We just want to say thanks for the support for the last year,massively appreciated.

Special thanks to those who got Joel to Wembley.

You lot are about the only people I speak to about the process and I’m not going to be all big and manly and pretend there isn’t some dark moments.

You lot,the football,the club is massive...thanks.

Happy New Year.

im too sexy right said fred GIF

• 2 months later...

m9elwlU.jpg
Joel was admitted as an emergency beginning of February with severe right side mastoid infection.

No major problem but we’re still going through the follow up,it’s his history which is the issue and inability to fight infections.

Looks like he’ll go to the GP tomorrow rather than the Hallamshire as he is supposed to be isolated.

Needs a right side mastoid obliteration but it’s difficult.

In himself he’s not fantastic but we’re not overly concerned.

Wouldn’t be up to any football at the minute anyway.

First season we’ve not been to any but I expected that.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

m9elwlU.jpg
Joel was admitted as an emergency beginning of February with severe right side mastoid infection.

No major problem but we’re still going through the follow up,it’s his history which is the issue and inability to fight infections.

Looks like he’ll go to the GP tomorrow rather than the Hallamshire as he is supposed to be isolated.

Needs a right side mastoid obliteration but it’s difficult.

In himself he’s not fantastic but we’re not overly concerned.

Wouldn’t be up to any football at the minute anyway.

First season we’ve not been to any but I expected that.

Cheers

Only checked back through the pages the other day looking for last update.. . .thinking there had been no posting, so presumably was all going well. 

Puts into perspective plonkers bulk buying toilet roll and chicken...good job they don't have proper stuff to worry about.  Best wishes, sorry there had finally been an update. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Best wishes, sorry there had finally been an update. 

Thanks mate,it’s continuous so didn’t want to bore everyone,obviously the CV 19 business brings it home when Joel gets specific instructions as being high risk.

I think his comments regarding CV 19 was.

’I don’t want to be getting that’!

20 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Thanks mate,it’s continuous so didn’t want to bore everyone,obviously the CV 19 business brings it home when Joel gets specific instructions as being high risk.

I think his comments regarding CV 19 was.

’I don’t want to be getting that’!

He's right!  He don't wanna do that!  

CoarseIdealAmericancrocodile-size_restri

xxx

Archived