My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of Derby County we consider ourselves fortunate as our perspective on things is different from most I would say.

Anyway,Joel back at home,thoroughly unpleasant few days at the Hallamshire,no change.

He will continue with various medication until the 18th of October when he will have another CT of the internal auditory meatus(ears)then onto the 22nd for the verdict.

Joel has offered to go and speak to any of the players who might benefit from his story and life experiences by the way.

6 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

In terms of Derby County we consider ourselves fortunate as our perspective on things is different from most I would say.

Anyway,Joel back at home,thoroughly unpleasant few days at the Hallamshire,no change.

He will continue with various medication until the 18th of October when he will have another CT of the internal auditory meatus(ears)then onto the 22nd for the verdict.

Joel has offered to go and speak to any of the players who might benefit from his story and life experiences by the way.

Fan-Bloody-Tastic!

*The last bit, of course!  I seriously hope they take him up on the offer!  

• 2 weeks later...

Give a big hug to Joel from me, actually all the coneheads can have a big virtual hug from a middle aged fat hairy bloke.

As you may remeber I got fairly well smashed up a couple of years ago, and my femur is failing to heal. After CT and PET scans they have decided the culprit is a peice of dead/infected bone that will have to come out, this won't be nice. As I was walking back from the hospital in a reather dark mood it struck me that Joel, and the rest of you, have been in a similar place multiple times. Strangely this seem to give me some strength and determination, I wanted to give you some back.  I'm now waiting for a cabal of Dr's to decide what they intend to, something else you are familiar with.

Good luck cones, I have my fingers crossed for you on the 22nd.

Cheers all,scan report wasn’t done but it looks ok.

It was to check that a brain abscess wasn’t causing the infection.

We’ll go back in a couple of weeks to decide what to do but at this stage it looks like they’ll start by taking Joel’s tonsils out,the problem being his lymph nodes.

No major dramas and Joel’s doing ok and we shall plough on.

Many thanks✌️

7 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Cheers all,scan report wasn’t done but it looks ok.

It was to check that a brain abscess wasn’t causing the infection.

We’ll go back in a couple of weeks to decide what to do but at this stage it looks like they’ll start by taking Joel’s tonsils out,the problem being his lymph nodes.

No major dramas and Joel’s doing ok and we shall plough on.

Many thanks✌️

Well done gents and Mrs Cone Head.

• 4 weeks later...

Just gone through the scans and discussed the next move.

CT scan shows right side inflammation which is not ideal but not a major concern.

The plan is to wait till after Christmas and then look at the surgical options as always Joel has an open place on the head and neck ward and we can just turn up if needed which is great.

Hopefully he gets a drama free Christmas.

Joel cracks me up,this is how the conversation started.
Dr.How’ve you been Joel?

Joel.I can’t hear you.

Dr.HOW ARE YOU?

Joel.Well,it’s just a load of baalocks isn’t it.

He’s not great but we’ve seen him worse.

Cheers

15 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Just gone through the scans and discussed the next move.

CT scan shows right side inflammation which is not ideal but not a major concern.

The plan is to wait till after Christmas and then look at the surgical options as always Joel has an open place on the head and neck ward and we can just turn up if needed which is great.

Hopefully he gets a drama free Christmas.

Joel cracks me up,this is how the conversation started.
Dr.How’ve you been Joel?

Joel.I can’t hear you.

Dr.HOW ARE YOU?

Joel.Well,it’s just a load of baalocks isn’t it.

He’s not great but we’ve seen him worse.

Cheers

Hope everything is going ok mate. All the best.

Archived