My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

He’s in,we’ve been kicked out(quite rightly)Hallamshire empty.

Give is a good result please.

1eTi5ag.jpg

Hope so mate, all the best.

Thanks everyone,support means a lot.

Joel’s ok,happy the dogs aren’t scratching at his head anymore(that’s how he describes the MRI)

It’s been an unusual few months,Lynne’s usually wears the trousers but it’s weighed on her this time,I’ve been ok with it,has it’s moments.?

37 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

When do you get the results? Is it on the day or do you have to wait? 

Don’t know mate.

Usually a week or so.

Radiologist does a report and sends it to Prof Ray,depends on workload.

Prof gets Joel in quick,never had one on his neck before so it’s concerning but it could well be a positive.

Got 10 days off from Friday so hopefully we could be getting on with it by the end of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Good phone consultation with Professor Ray this morning,always have an organised well thought list of questions for him.

As usual once emotion gets involved it all starts to go pear shaped.

Joel’s MRI shows chronic infection in the lymph nodes in his neck.

The scan was not conclusive so we are moving on to an ultrasound/biopsy and removal of some bits to be clarified,tonsils,lymph nodes and I don’t know what.

This will be done over a period of months due to the ongoing Covid stuff though Joel has the option of emergency treatment as always.

Joel’s ok,dealt with it all better than me.

Difficult,thanks as always.

3 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Good phone consultation with Professor Ray this morning,always have an organised well thought list of questions for him.

The scan was not conclusive so we are moving on to an ultrasound/biopsy and removal of some bits to be clarified,tonsils,lymph nodes and I don’t know what.

This will be done over a period of months due to the ongoing Covid stuff though Joel has the option of emergency treatment as always.

Never quite know whether to put a like, a sad face or what with many of your posts on this thread. Hope everything goes well and stay strong.

3 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Really bollocked my kids this morning for losing a brand new football. I was feeling sheepish already, think I need to get some perspective.

Thoughts with you and the family, really hope you get a clear plan soon and some positive news. Keep pushing on through, I can't begin to imagine how you keep so positive. I always keep an eye out for your updates so please keep posting when you feel able because I imagine lots of other people are following it very closely too and wishing you all, the very best. 

41 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Really bollocked my kids this morning for losing a brand new football. I was feeling sheepish already, think I need to get some perspective.

Thoughts with you and the family, really hope you get a clear plan soon and some positive news. Keep pushing on through, I can't begin to imagine how you keep so positive. I always keep an eye out for your updates so please keep posting when you feel able because I imagine lots of other people are following it very closely too and wishing you all, the very best. 

Cheers,it’s appreciated.

I got caught by surprise on what Mr Ray was and is looking at.

• 3 months later...

Archived