After-Shave/Eau de Toillette (Fragrance)

Mostyn6

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old Spice. Do they still make it?

I had some YSL Jazz aftershave,quite a large bottle duty free. Hadn't had it long before I dropped it in the sink, smashing the bottle and chipping the basin. If you think wine buffs have a vocabulary of their own, get a load of this.

"The joyful scent of Jazz captures Paris in an era and a generation longing for liberty and joie de vivre. The pulsating and lively essence is made in the image of a man who reveals all his inner wealth and paradoxes.

Fresh and vibrant coriander relays a virile masculinity, before a heart of geranium and artemisia increase the warm sensuality. The dry down becomes warmer still, until a sombre and mysterious patchouli note rounds off the dynamic scent."

• 2 months later...

Asketh for my favourite cologne and thou shalt receive...via a picture because I’d be up all night running through my entire and which fragrances are suited to the time of day and type of event....

This is about a third (or perhaps a quarter) of my actual inventory (my sister has called me the most over-indulged adult male she’s ever known...but I like good cologne); I had to put the rest away as (a) these are the ones I most commonly use and the tall boy top was a little overcrowded; and (b) both the young bloke I mentor and my brother in law (a close second in the most over-indulged adult males my sister knows) were “borrowing” and I tend not to notice they’re missing until I am about to use it.

My stand-out favourites right now are Rochas Man (the absurd pink box on the left of the picture), Paco Rabonne’s 1 Million, The One from Dolce & Gabbana, and Spicebomb for after-hours events requiring a little more class.

During the day, I tend to wear either Dunhill Blue (incredibly cheap for how good it is; I don’t believe that I’ve paid more than $35 a bottle since I first discovered it 3-4 years ago. Chrome Azzaro is a reliable cologne that even a ‘sweater’ like myself can trust to last all day and the original Issey Miyake and the JPG with the greenish body bottle are the others I wear most days.

As you can see too, Mr Clough and Mr Taylor stand guard over them and seem to approve.

I even took the risk of buying my now 20yo nephew (who is increasingly impossible to buy for as he has everything) a bottle of Rochas at Christmas. He was so impressed with my taste in men’s colognes that he readily agreed to a bottle of my current second favourite for his 20th birthday in February.

Those of you who are aware that my nephew is regarded as something of a batting protegy; he made his debut for Victoria late last year only to be KOd by a rearing ball while fielding in his debut. He returned for his second and third first class matches a few weeks ago and told me earlier this week that he was receiving a lot of positive feedback from both his opponents and his Victorian teammates on my taste in cologne too.

After all, they spent a great deal of time crowding around him to ensure he was ok in his third match.

He was forced to retire hurt from a rearing bouncer striking him in the head (at least his seventh major concussion, almost all from freak accidents, in the last three years). Fortunately, he survived his second first class match and hit a respectable 188.

NB: for the record, it may’ve been me who pointed out the opportunity his teammates to detect the huge improvement in the cologne he’s been wearing since Christmas...in retaliation for him ringing me to let me know just how much he’d loved Massimo Luonga’s goal the other day...

image.jpg

5 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

Asketh for my favourite cologne and thou shalt receive...via a picture because I’d be up all night running through my entire and which fragrances are suited to the time of day and type of event....

This is about a third (or perhaps a quarter) of my actual inventory (my sister has called me the most over-indulged adult male she’s ever known...but I like good cologne); I had to put the rest away as (a) these are the ones I most commonly use and the tall boy top was a little overcrowded; and (b) both the young bloke I mentor and my brother in law (a close second in the most over-indulged adult males my sister knows) were “borrowing” and I tend not to notice they’re missing until I am about to use it.

My stand-out favourites right now are Rochas Man (the absurd pink box on the left of the picture), Paco Rabonne’s 1 Million, The One from Dolce & Gabbana, and Spicebomb for after-hours events requiring a little more class.

During the day, I tend to wear either Dunhill Blue (incredibly cheap for how good it is; I don’t believe that I’ve paid more than $35 a bottle since I first discovered it 3-4 years ago. Chrome Azzaro is a reliable cologne that even a ‘sweater’ like myself can trust to last all day and the original Issey Miyake and the JPG with the greenish body bottle are the others I wear most days.

As you can see too, Mr Clough and Mr Taylor stand guard over them and seem to approve.

I even took the risk of buying my now 20yo nephew (who is increasingly impossible to buy for as he has everything) a bottle of Rochas at Christmas. He was so impressed with my taste in men’s colognes that he readily agreed to a bottle of my current second favourite for his 20th birthday in February.

Those of you who are aware that my nephew is regarded as something of a batting protegy; he made his debut for Victoria late last year only to be KOd by a rearing ball while fielding in his debut. He returned for his second and third first class matches a few weeks ago and told me earlier this week that he was receiving a lot of positive feedback from both his opponents and his Victorian teammates on my taste in cologne too.

After all, they spent a great deal of time crowding around him to ensure he was ok in his third match.

He was forced to retire hurt from a rearing bouncer striking him in the head (at least his seventh major concussion, almost all from freak accidents, in the last three years). Fortunately, he survived his second first class match and hit a respectable 188.

NB: for the record, it may’ve been me who pointed out the opportunity his teammates to detect the huge improvement in the cologne he’s been wearing since Christmas...in retaliation for him ringing me to let me know just how much he’d loved Massimo Luonga’s goal the other day...

image.jpg

I got rid of my Paco Rabanne Million thing cos too many people wear it, you may like my photo a few pages back.

4 hours ago, Moist One said:

I got rid of my Paco Rabanne Million thing cos too many people wear it, you may like my photo a few pages back.

It’s still quite rare in Australia, possibly because it’s the third most expensive (after Chanel’s Allure and Spicebomb) I’ve ever purchased. Not certain what it retails for in Britain although stand by for an arbitrage arrangement if they’re gouging the Australian market...again...

4 hours ago, Moist One said:

I just found the photo to which you’re referring and note that (a) you do have good taste*, and (b) I like how you too have a decent range of selection and give them prominent pride of place*.

Easy to see and ponder which one you’re going to wear that day...although my guess is that your credit card might, like mine does, feel the impact of that range at times.

I can’t comprehend those who wear the same cologne day after day....

* Defined, in this instance, as being similar to mine.

Archived