After-Shave/Eau de Toillette (Fragrance)

Mostyn6

On 02/03/2017 at 08:42, JoetheRam said:

Never trust a man with more than one aftershave.

I say “never trust a bloke who calls ‘cologne’ or ‘eu de toilette’ ‘after shave’”.

It’s not as bad as confusing them with deodorant - sorry, Lynx users, it’s you I’m referring to here - but still.....

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

I just found the photo to which you’re referring and note that (a) you do have good taste*, and (b) I like how you too have a decent range of selection and give them prominent pride of place*.

Easy to see and ponder which one you’re going to wear that day...although my guess is that your credit card might, like mine does, feel the impact of that range at times.

I can’t comprehend those who wear the same cologne day after day....

* Defined, in this instance, as being similar to mine.

I probably have 5 go to bottles which are winners. Most of the others I use for work, they're still nice, there are some on the back row which I hardly use. I don't have a credit card, but usually buy when at the airport. There was a duty free airport sale before Christmas, which someone on here mentioned, I ended up buying about 4 there! 

10 hours ago, Lambchop said:

All male fragrances smell like Brut 33 to me, ie TCP with a hint of petrol, so you’re wasting your money. 

6 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I’ve smelled a lot of men.

They can’t all have been wearing Brut...

Not all men douse themselves in perfume when they go out. What you could have been smelling was essence of real man.

What about the aftershave whose fragrance lingers the longest? 

Most of those that I’ve tried seem to be very short lived, unlike womens perfume.

I have a Tom Ford one that smells good but doesn’t last very long. A bit like me I suppose. 

17 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Get with the beat stinky, the ladies like a good smelling man, come out of the ‘60’s and join us. :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with the smell of carbolic or maybe lifebouy for that special date at the weekend.

26 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

What about the aftershave whose fragrance lingers the longest? 

Most of those that I’ve tried seem to be very short lived, unlike womens perfume.

I have a Tom Ford one that smells good but doesn’t last very long. A bit like me I suppose. 

Mont Blanc - Legend Spirit lasts quite longs and is always well received.

Dior - Sauvage the same but is getting quite popular now

I also recommend Terre D'Hermes as a good sniff that lasts quite long.

24 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Mont Blanc - Legend Spirit lasts quite longs and is always well received.

Dior - Sauvage the same but is getting quite popular now

I also recommend Terre D'Hermes as a good sniff that lasts quite long.

Thanks for that. What about Creed - is that long lasting? I know it’s expensive and so it ought to be. 

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Not all men douse themselves in perfume when they go out. What you could have been smelling was essence of real man.

Just have a shower and use some unscented dove roll on. Wear clean clothes. Wash your hair and wipe your arse properly. 

7 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Just have a shower and use some unscented dove roll on. Wear clean clothes. Wash your hair and wipe your arse properly. 

You wipe your arse ???? Life has a way of knocking you for six sometimes.. Just when ya think you have someone sussed.. :p

Having looked up the price of some of these aftershaves mentioned, I don't want to see any of you complaining about the price of a season ticket ever again. If I was spending over £300 on a bottle I would want the entire room to fall silent as I entered, before charging on mass to lick me all over.

25 minutes ago, David said:

If I was spending over £300 on a bottle I would want the entire room to fall silent as I entered, before charging on mass to lick me all over.

Blimey, £300?!!

You can get the same effect with Tommy Girl for £15. 

3 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Blimey, £300?!!

You can get the same effect with Tommy Girl for £15. 

That Tom Ford one Angry posted, might be a bit cheaper, other than magazine articles on it, the only place I could find it for sale was eBay which isn't the best place to find genuine aftershave. John Lewis has some Tom Ford stuff, shaving cream just £50 for a small tub, £50!

That Creed is going for £250 as well.

There's me thinking my Chanel Allure Homme was expensive at £70 ish, goes on the Christmas list as I can't bare to see that many notes go out my bank account.

Archived