Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Hero yes ? What we need right now ? No ! Anyway he's off to Burton ! 

I'd class Bucko as warrior but he's not the one we need though. Expecting to join Burton apparently.

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Better than Pearce, I'd be happy to see Bucko back as cover. Hero.

No, no, no, no, no. I loved Bucko's time with us but towards the end it was like watching WWF wrestling - which looked to be continuing at Wigan.

Remembering Jim Smith's wheeling and dealing as he rebuilt us I think we ought to sound out teams about player exchanges.

The likes of Johnson, Russell and similar must be appealing to a fair few championship or even maybe lower premier league sides at a push, but realistically fees/wages become an issue and they become gambles.

Bad example but let's say Norwich want Johnson but he's beyond their means, and Wildschutt because I can't remember anyone else who they've signed hasn't settled, a deal could suit both parties.

Likewise Russell, Keogh and their admirers. If our price is putting them off, there must be someone at Brighton, Sheffield Wefnesday or whoever that could be as much or more use to us.

I still think Brayford has something to offer, and would happily give Sheff Utd a choice of Pearce, Olsson or someone for a player that I believe would be more use to us this season than they will.

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

How did Jordan Mutch do on loan at Reading last season? 

I know it's mainly the "local boy returning" angle but still think he's a player we should be looking at

Played about 9 games and not much to say about him from Reading fans. 

Archived