What are you eating tonight

froggg

3 hours ago, David said:

Horse?

Horse meat is easily available over here. Got to say it's tasty. I try not to think too much about the animal, but then again I do the same with beef, chicken, lamb......... and especially rabbit. I love rabbit but my daughter got one as a pet 4 years ago (obviously it's now my pet as she hardly even looks at it nowadays. If ever I'm not around the poor thing doesn't even eat) so we eat rabbit very rarely now.

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

Horse meat is easily available over here. Got to say it's tasty. I try not to think too much about the animal, but then again I do the same with beef, chicken, lamb......... and especially rabbit. I love rabbit but my daughter got one as a pet 4 years ago (obviously it's now my pet as she hardly even looks at it nowadays. If ever I'm not around the poor thing doesn't even eat) so we eat rabbit very rarely now.

Weird meat eating is. As you say don't stop to think about the animal when eating Beef, Pork or Chicken, but offer me a plate of Crocodile or Kangaroo meat and I will run a mile just because it's not seen as the norm.

Not been for years but used to go Carp fishing a lot, one lake got hit on for a food source, ruined the bugger it did, couldn't wrap my head around eating the fish I would hold up as a trophy for a picture. Then again, that's weird in it's own way when you stop to think about it.

1 hour ago, David said:

Weird meat eating is. As you say don't stop to think about the animal when eating Beef, Pork or Chicken, but offer me a plate of Crocodile or Kangaroo meat and I will run a mile just because it's not seen as the norm.

Not been for years but used to go Carp fishing a lot, one lake got hit on for a food source, ruined the bugger it did, couldn't wrap my head around eating the fish I would hold up as a trophy for a picture. Then again, that's weird in it's own way when you stop to think about it.

Carp weren't actually native to the UK. They were introduced by the Romans as a source of food.

12 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Carp weren't actually native to the UK. They were introduced by the Romans as a source of food.

Yup, I know the history, but by time I arrived in the world we was on the Birds Eye fish fingers, not Carp which I'm led to believe is a dry and tasteless fish, especially when taken from rivers.

Few in the Ebro that would feed the thousands, and catfish if thats your thing!

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Italian or French cuisine? 

Italian for me all day long. 

Fish or meat?

Hmm Would say fish but cant resist a great lamb chop.

Would have said Itai all day long until a couple of years ago.

50/50 now for me.

Probably eat more Italian at home as it is more familiar to cook, but would kill for the last Beef Bourguignon on earth.

Going to Lyon converted me I think.