What are you eating tonight

froggg

9 hours ago, froggg said:

Well spotted, but as stated thrice fried, and very good in a hurry. Five star review, Aunt Bessie’s? Any good ? Never tried them.

These are the best oven chips ever. They cook beautifully and taste heavenly. They are the closest in taste to a proper seaside chippy chip because they have been cooked in beef dripping. Yumm.
Please don't ever stop stocking them as there is nothing else like them to be found anywhere else.

Yes, I recommend this product.

8711864B-C2C4-498A-8808-DAF1741249ED.jpeg

Old Bessie’s are good, but I have to check the ingredients on these pesky oven chips as they sometimes like to add flour to them as a coating, I think to give em a rustic “thrice fried” finish.

Witherspoons chips have flour on them, most disappointing, I have to have a jacket potato instead.  You can’t dip a jacket in yer runny egg can you?

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Old Bessie’s are good, but I have to check the ingredients on these pesky oven chips as they sometimes like to add flour to them as a coating, I think to give em a rustic “thrice fried” finish.

Witherspoons chips have flour on them, most disappointing, I have to have a jacket potato instead.  You can’t dip a jacket in yer runny egg can you?

Just checked and the Sainsbury’s one’s do have flour, however these contain only potatoes beef dripping, sunflower oil and salt.??

882508D1-5FA8-4235-B545-9D17B73119EA.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I am shocked to the core with what I am reading on here.... Oven chips !!!

I reckon myself and @Steve How Hard? should refrain from liking any posts from now on until authenticity is proved.

My world has fallen apart.

Don’t pretend you don’t secretly have a stash of oven chips tucked away for when the missus isn’t around.

I recon you’re the type to have a danger bake, cooking oven chips with a real possibility of the missus coming home and catching you at it.

Go on, deny it.

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Don’t pretend you don’t secretly have a stash of oven chips tucked away for when the missus isn’t around.

I recon you’re the type to have a danger bake, cooking oven chips with a real possibility of the missus coming home and catching you at it.

Go on, deny it.

It is my right to remain silent... HOWEVER OVEN chips have been seen in the house from time to time and little Angry has been severly reprimanded for the offence.

2 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

To be honest, I really wouldn't want those three dishes together. I love each separately but not together on the same plate.

It's a good combo for me because of the different heats, flavours and textures. 

10 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

You're in swanage

Correct. I love Masala, it's properly 80s tastic, with formica tables, cheap cutlery and tea lights. They take the piss out of us as the women who always have phal, so it's 80s bantz as well.