Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, toddy said:

Whilst I agree with what you are saying ,so why not wait till Martin comes back in June to negotiate a new deal?

After all he is on a season long loan, remember it was mentioned back in December that we were going to offer Martin a new deal once Mac came out and said he wanted him back, that then unsettled Martin and we had all the refusal play business etc.

It has just got rather messy, when in realty we only needed to wait till June as his current contract was not due to expire.

This is Derby's way of showing the player he's wanted, have you heard some players say they felt wanted more when signing for a club?

This also may force Fulhams hand in returning him early which helps our promotion push. 

At any point this month Fulham could have activated the option to buy and agreed a contract with Martin, they haven't. 

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Because if we can get him back sooner, the happier a lot of people willbe including Steve and Chris.  Doing the deal now shows Fulham that they have no chance of signing him, so may as well cut their loses and send him back. 

You need to tune into SSN- not what Fulham are saying.......

Just popped on this thread to see if anything has happened. Realised it hasn't apart from the same old posters talking the same old tosh, repeating the same old arguments that they have for the past few months. If he comes, he comes. If he doesn't, he doesn't. It's as simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Just popped on this thread to see if anything has happened. Realised it hasn't apart from the same old posters talking the same old tosh, repeating the same old arguments that they have for the past few months. If he comes, he comes. If he doesn't, he doesn't. It's as simple as that. 

It's more important than that . 

This is DCFC it's some people's lives day in day out. 

12 minutes ago, Fulhamfaninpeace said:

Fulham fan in peace.

Martin, Derby and McClaren have done a number on us. Fair play. Football is ruthless and once again our own incompetent board have proven to be suckers.

The only sticking point is that we paid £3 million for a full season. Martin wants to go back now, if I am on the Fulham board I withhold any more payments to Derby. 

On Martin, decent player. First few games was overweight and disinterested. Then he started scoring. Then January came and Derby wanted him back. So then Martin feigns injury trying to force a move back to Derby. Then he misses penalties. Says enough about his character and professionalism. But this is football who has time for character or professionalism?

I don't know why you are criticising Jokanovic. He was acting in the best interest of his team and Fulham. He was hardly going to willingly bend over. I think McClaren has lacked class but football is a classless game.

Anyway your board has done well. Our board replaced McCormack with a £3 million pound loan signing who now wants to **** off after 6 months.

Well played and good luck

Can you ungrit your teeth, stop clenching your fists, take a deep breath..........Sorry I'm imagining your body language paints a different picture than you come in peace.

I take your point though, but we have only done a number on you if he comes back before Tuesday.

12 minutes ago, toddy said:

You need to tune into SSN- not what Fulham are saying.......

Fulham are saying they still have an option to sign Chris, which they do, but unless Fulham somehow get promotion and Martin pays a pivotal role in that (unimaginable at this stage), it's not going to happen. 

Martin wants to come back, clear as day, even if we unwillingly agree the fee due to the contract, Martin will simply turn them down. 

No way is Martin playing today. I don't know any Fulham fans but i'd imagine he is public enemy number 1, massively. He could even argue that an expected reaction from the fans could be putting his personal safety at risk.

He won't play today - and he'll be back on Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

He's off there coach today so I'd be amazed if they aren't starting him today just so he's cup tied for us should he come back before end of Jan.

Just seen that and the Fulham CEO sneaky got him to sign the permanent deal thinking it was merchandise for eBay. Naughty

28 minutes ago, Fulhamfaninpeace said:

Fulham fan in peace.

Martin, Derby and McClaren have done a number on us. Fair play. Football is ruthless and once again our own incompetent board have proven to be suckers.

The only sticking point is that we paid £3 million for a full season. Martin wants to go back now, if I am on the Fulham board I withhold any more payments to Derby. 

On Martin, decent player. First few games was overweight and disinterested. Then he started scoring. Then January came and Derby wanted him back. So then Martin feigns injury trying to force a move back to Derby. Then he misses penalties. Says enough about his character and professionalism. But this is football who has time for character or professionalism?

I don't know why you are criticising Jokanovic. He was acting in the best interest of his team and Fulham. He was hardly going to willingly bend over. I think McClaren has lacked class but football is a classless game.

Anyway your board has done well. Our board replaced McCormack with a £3 million pound loan signing who now wants to **** off after 6 months.

Do you honestly believe he missed those penalties on purpose? If he had missed the target then you may have some form of a leg to stand on, but as the first was a very good save and the second was a smash that the keeper somehow managed to get his trailing leg to I would say he didn't.

How has McClaren lacked class? He was asked about Martin and he answered honestly. He would like him back but didn't think it was possible but we would ask the question. What was he supposed to say? He is crap? Didn't want him? He said he is leaving it to our board to sort out. Jokanovic has acted the same way but with more chest beating.

The whole situation has been less than ideal for all concerned.

33 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sam Rush is doing his job at every point, back when Pearson was in charge and now with Mac back. I wouldn't want my CEO not to support the manager.

Exactly. Imagine if he tells Pearson he can't let Martin leave. Then he's criticised for getting involved in the football side of things? And then he tells McClaren 'actually no, there is a chance we could maybe get him back but I don't want to upset anybody.' 

I honestly could not care any less that Fulham are a bit upset with us. Stuff happens in football all the time where someone gains and someone loses. The way some people are talking it's like they want to go back to the days where we were getting taken advantage of. Football is a dog eat dog business. If you aren't ruthless you won't get anywhere.

39 minutes ago, Fulhamfaninpeace said:

Fulham fan in peace.

Anyway your board has done well. Our board replaced McCormack with a £3 million pound loan signing who now wants to **** off after 6 mon ths.

The current guesswork is that the£3m loan fee was split into an August payment and a January payment which is still to be made.

IF that is true, you've already had your money's worth!

IF that is true. Do you really think it's in your clubs best interests to not only continue to pay for, but also pay out another lump sum for, a player who doesn't wish to be there? 

Even ignoring the IFS, since when is holding a someone hostage ever the right thing to do? And how stupid must a hostage taker be if their demands are that they want a banana, a packet of crisps, and a few million pounds removed from out of their own bank account at a later date!?

2 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

Anyone up for a trip down Fulham with me to bring him back???? Mackworth, DEL, RoyMac5?

Anyone? 

Oh g'wan then! TBH I think Joka will not back down and it'll be next season when we see Chrissy. He's obviously playing today...

Archived