It was a header...

Day

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gladram said:

I think the rule is you can't manufacturer a header or use trickery as it's names in the rule 

But as the keeper doesn't handle it, that doesn't apply.

If you give out yellow cards for taking the piss, Lansbury would get one every time he took the field.

Thank fook we didn't sign him, so the joke still stands!

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

When the no handling from a back pass rule first came into force, a friendly game was played in preseason where one of our players did the exact thing, canna remember who, but the ref wouldn't allow it.

If memory serves it was Brian Laws. He headed it back to the keeper like that, the law makers realised they'd left a loophole and changed the law to put a stop to that sort of thing.

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

But as the keeper doesn't handle it, that doesn't apply.

If you give out yellow cards for taking the piss, Lansbury would get one every time he took the field.

Thank fook we didn't sign him, so the joke still stands!

Must admit I wasn't totally sure so looked it up. Cautions for unsporting behaviour in  Law 12 include

uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball (including from a free kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands

19 minutes ago, Gladram said:

Must admit I wasn't totally sure so looked it up. Cautions for unsporting behaviour in  Law 12 include

uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball (including from a free kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands

Good work, have a like.

Just now, Highgate said:

Not his cleverest moment, but he is an excellent player Verratti, when bipedal.

Best midfielder in the world for me alongside Kroos and Modric. Great player, you know you're good when you can go to the camp nou and single handedly dominate the midfield

Archived