Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

2 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Get Dawkins back from the US and Wardy on a freebie.

I was a big critic of Dawkins. No end product. But that is the only thing that was missing along with the use of his other foot. Compared to how our wide players have been since, (Ince excluded) I would have him back. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Monty said:

Poor decision by DCFC premier league quality and never given a proper run in the side - very disappointing no doubt he'll do well at Wolves 

The poor for me is not selling him now. He doesn't fit into a 4-3-3. It's as simple as that. Needs to play alongside a target man, just like he did in the past and shined. 

3 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Probably. Biggest deciding factor in the Lansbury deal was probably the takeover. Fawaz, for all his faults, isn't stupid enough to sell Lansbury to us, whereas the Americans might have done.

Not too fussed about that deal anyway, he's not worth the £40,000 a week Villa are gonna pay him.

I'm sorry, but the red dogs are displaying a proper small club mentality, I mean is anyone on here bothered if we sold Hendrick to them? Or Bryson?

8 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

The poor for me is not selling him now. He doesn't fit into a 4-3-3. It's as simple as that. Needs to play alongside a target man, just like he did in the past and shined. 

And sell him for what value ? He's worth as little as he could be at the moment ! He goes to Wolves on loan for half a season . They pay his wages . He gets put in the shop window . If he performs well your looking at 2-3 million. If he's poor , nothing lost just saved on wages for the last 6 months and take a hit on him when we do eventually sell . 

Just to add it's nice to see that McClaren is actually getting to shape his own squad and not trying to fit players into a system they don't fit into .

Perfectly capable of playing in a 4-3-3; 100 plus PL appearances and international experience and we let him go! Seems to suggest poor management to me. Camara is also being complained about in a number of posts seemingly on the basis of one game against Leeds where we were overrun in midfield and he couldn't run through three opponents. He'll be the next one to go and with him and Weimann gone so will our ability to change games..

26 minutes ago, Monty said:

Poor decision by DCFC premier league quality and never given a proper run in the side - very disappointing no doubt he'll do well at Wolves 

Please understand this isn't a dig at you just offering a counter to your point.

He was sold by a very average if not down right poor premier league side and at that time there weren't many if any other clubs clamouring for his signature.

At no point thus far in his Derby career has there been a huge outcry by the bulk of the fans for him to be a fixture in the side and all the managers that he's played for at Derby ,be they good at their job or not, haven't stuck with him so they must see something that dissuades then from playing him on a constant basis.

Plus if he is a premier quality player why has there been no interest from any premier league side. 

Hull Swansea Sunderland and so on.

He's gone to a mid table Championship side. 

Wolves haven't even been fully commited to sign him permanently. 

Nothing personal against him but he is one of a number of recent signings who have failed to deliver for whatever reason.

But fail he has. 

2 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Please understand this isn't a dig at you just offering a counter to your point.

He was sold by a very average if not down right poor premier league side and at that time there weren't many if any other clubs clamouring for his signature.

At no point thus far in his Derby career has there been a huge outcry by the bulk of the fans for him to be a fixture in the side and all the managers that he's played for at Derby ,be they good at their job or not, haven't stuck with him so they must see something that dissuades then from playing him on a constant basis.

Plus if he is a premier quality player why has there been no interest from any premier league side. 

Nothing personal against him but he is one of a number of recent signings who have failed to deliver for whatever reason.

But fail he has. 

Sounds like a dig at him to me ?

Pretty bang on tbh, I say I'd have sold him but can't sell something nobody wants to buy.

37 minutes ago, Monty said:

Like I said earlier he had the chance to impress under 4 manager and 40 odd games, correct decision to loan him out. 

14 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

And sell him for what value ? He's worth as little as he could be at the moment ! He goes to Wolves on loan for half a season . They pay his wages . He gets put in the shop window . If he performs well your looking at 2-3 million. If he's poor , nothing lost just saved on wages for the last 6 months and take a hit on him when we do eventually sell . 

Just to add it's nice to see that McClaren is actually getting to shape his own squad and not trying to fit players into a system they don't fit into .

This seems like it is becoming common with us. We undervalue our players. Just because a player is of no value to us doesn't mean they are valueless. We as fans and the club seem to want to receive fees for players that are consistent with 3 seasons ago but are willing to pay today's actual valuations. 

Playing lots of games in the Premier League doesn't define how good you are.

Adam Lallana was in League One until he was 24, Claude Davis has 40 Premier League appearances, BJ has over 100 more Premier League appearances than Will Hughes, Carlton Palmer has more England caps than Le Tissier.

Appearences for such and such in such and such league doesn't define how good a player is. It just shows they were given a chance. 

Weimann will score goals in a front two with the right service (worse players have banged them in) but it won't prove anything - he doesn't suit us. When he plays out wide he drifts off everywhere and anywhere and plays like he's in a front two, although to be fair he does his defensive work and helps the full-back out. 

He's quick, energetic and has good movement - stick him in the right team and he'll score but he just doesn't fit with us. 

1 hour ago, AmberRamber said:

But fail he has. 

Spot on mate. 

4 different managers who see him in training every day. 

Some people so far up Russell's Arse to see he's a bang average player, living on seasons ago, does nothing in 20 odd games but people still rate him but slag Camara off after 45 minutes.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Spot on mate. 

4 different managers who see him in training every day. 

Difficult to argue with TBH. He was excellent against Hull in the Play-Off SF second leg but he's not playing so saving some money makes sense.

2 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Some people so far up Russell's Arse to see he's a bang average player, living on seasons ago, does nothing in 20 odd games but people still rate him but slag Camara off after 45 minutes.

You seems to struggling understand what Russell do on the pitch.. We missed him BIG TIME on Friday night against Leeds on defensively wise. That's a fact. 

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Like I said earlier he had the chance to impress under 4 manager and 40 odd games, correct decision to loan him out. 

Like I said earlier, 14 starts and has spent the equivalent of 18 games on the pitch.

I get that doesn't fit your argument.

6 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You seems to struggling understand what Russell do on the pitch.. We missed him BIG TIME on Friday night against Leeds on defensively wise. That's a fact. 

Here we go again! That's not fact, it's an opinion - yours. Last Friday, more than Russell we missed a proper left back - that's an opinion - mine.

Archived