Vydra should never wear the shirt again

rammieib

If I was Vydra I'd feel very aggrieved at his whole situation, particularly towards Nigel Pearson.

The bloke brought him in fairly last minute, for an inflated price and got rid of our previous top scorer, basically saying to the world 'we don't need Chris Martin anymore because Matej Vydra is going to be our main striker now'. 

Pearson then went about playing a system to fit Vydra that didn't suit the rest of the team, which was really unsuccessful and then got himself fired.

We then got our old manager back and reverted to the system that suits our old main striker down to the ground, making Vydra look even worse.

Outside of a serious injury, I don't think it could have gone any worse for him these first few months.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I saw that, I'm surprised he wasn't tweeting as the opposition walked by him last night....

whats with the hate for Vydra? It's not his fault he was bought for big bucks. Not his fault he is learning a new position (lone striker) not his fault he got put on the bloody wing where hes never played and it certainly wasn't his fault we lost last night!!

3 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

There's a difference between criticising a player and saying 'I never want him to play for Derby again,' like Rammieib has done.

Twitter gets mocked on here regularly for being filled with trolls and keyboard warriors .... well it's not much different on here. We've got the trolls who come on and make up transfer stories for a little attention and then the keyboard warriors who regularly put players down with stupid statements like the one in this thread title.

Half the headline was annoyance and frustration at him for last night, the other half was for attention to the thread. I stand by the headline although if the guy goes out and puts 100% effort and breaks his back for us and CONTRIBUTES positively, of course I'll be happy to see him in the shirt again.

However in the the thread I've posted lots of sensible comments on the topic and everyone's views are entitled whether they agree/disagree. If Vydra didn't play for us again, I wouldn't be upset - he's done nothing to warrant earning the shirt since Mac arrived.

Obviously the team collectively did not perform at all well on the night, and Vydra was part of that.  It's not the fault of the player that one club managed to screw £8 million from another club. However I do not see anything from Vydra's game that would suggest he is an asset to Derby County Football Club. With that in mind, it's just a case that Mel Morris is £8 million out of pocket and the club has another bench warmer on good wages. 

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

whats with the hate for Vydra? It's not his fault he was bought for big bucks. Not his fault he is learning a new position (lone striker) not his fault he got put on the bloody wing where hes never played and it certainly wasn't his fault we lost last night!!

Absolute lack of team effort, lack of ability to pass to another player in the same shirt and taking zero responsibility.

His fee is entirely not his fault.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Absolute lack of team effort, lack of ability to pass to another player in the same shirt and taking zero responsibility.

His fee is entirely not his fault.

you could say that about a few of our players but you single out Vydra and don't want to see him in a dcfc shirt again.

I take it you didn't go Wigan away where he was brilliant and ran his socks off? I don't see many other players tweeting thanks for support when they get so called supporters like you grilling them. He's only been here a short while give him a chance and get behind him! If that is too difficult for you don't say anything at all.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Half the headline was annoyance and frustration at him for last night, the other half was for attention to the thread. I stand by the headline although if the guy goes out and puts 100% effort and breaks his back for us and CONTRIBUTES positively, of course I'll be happy to see him in the shirt again.

However in the the thread I've posted lots of sensible comments on the topic and everyone's views are entitled whether they agree/disagree. If Vydra didn't play for us again, I wouldn't be upset - he's done nothing to warrant earning the shirt since Mac arrived.

You chose him to be frustrated at after last night? Every single player bar Ince and Carson were awful and barely any gave 100%. Now, I'm not saying him giving anything less than 100% is right because it isn't, but I can at least understand why he might be frustrated, lacking confidence and motivation. The manager who signed him has been sacked and the new one obviously isn't as much of a fan. The new manager has brought in Nugent and has openly said he'd take Martin back. And then to top it all off he was brought on to play on the wing despite Bent barely getting a sniff all first half. Add to that the fact that some fans are getting on his back, which he clearly knows about as seen by his tweet, it's no surprise he's having a hard time out on the pitch. 

Just now, Simsy said:

you could say that about a few of our players but you single out Vydra and don't want to see him in a dcfc shirt again.

I take it you didn't go Wigan away where he was brilliant and ran his socks off? I don't see many other players tweeting thanks for support when they get so called supporters like you grilling them. He's only been here a short while give him a chance and get behind him! If that is too difficult for you don't say anything at all.

I was at Wigan and my interpretation of that game is completely different to yours. Good for the first ten, running at them getting fouled, good piece of skill to split two defenders and then was awful for the following 50 or 60. Again, different opinions....

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I would appreciate it it vydra scored a goal by any means this season...He could kick it out of a nuns hands and I'd still be happy.

He's scored 2! :ph34r:

I would appreciate Vydra playing in a front 2 to be fairly judged to be honest. Worrying about other peoples players scoring goals or penalties is pointless i think.

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

He's scored 2! :ph34r:

I would appreciate Vydra playing in a front 2 to be fairly judged to be honest. Worrying about other peoples players scoring goals or penalties is pointless i think.

Our player do you mean?...

And I was referring to some future goals from vydra..The other two were a very long time ago.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

You chose him to be frustrated at after last night? Every single player bar Ince and Carson were awful and barely any gave 100%. Now, I'm not saying him giving anything less than 100% is right because it isn't, but I can at least understand why he might be frustrated, lacking confidence and motivation. The manager who signed him has been sacked and the new one obviously isn't as much of a fan. The new manager has brought in Nugent and has openly said he'd take Martin back. And then to top it all off he was brought on to play on the wing despite Bent barely getting a sniff all first half. Add to that the fact that some fans are getting on his back, which he clearly knows about as seen by his tweet, it's no surprise he's having a hard time out on the pitch. 

Read comments in my thread but it's the culmination of all games under Mac, bought to the boil last night. Rewatch the second half, focus on him, and you tell me if that's a trying.

I personally can't stand Twitter. His (Or his wife on his behalf) post to me is about trying to find sympathy. He should be writing that he was poor last night, but will put more time in training, more 1-1 with KP, ask Mac for specific areas to improve and give 100% next time he pulls the shirt on. That's what he should be tweeting.

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I wish some people read last bit of your post tbf. You are spot on though

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Our player do you mean?...

And I was referring to some future goals from vydra..The other two were a very long time ago.

Well he is Fulhams player until May, Then we can debate about him again :)

I think if we want to judge Vydra it's only fair we judge him on what he knows or is supposedly good at and that's in a front 2 don't you think?

Having no confidence is the worst thing in football, I don't care who you are. I'm going to continue to fully support Vydra in the hope that he scores one to help his confidence. Playing football should be instinctive. The point you start to think about what you are going to do is a no no and you definitely aren't going to score then, like on the counter attack when Ince passed it to him.

Archived