Vydra should never wear the shirt again

rammieib

Whilst I understand the sentiments,vydra has had half season up to now and is still nowhere near the standard we need from our main cf.

We wouldn't let a keeper stay in goal if he missed every shot delivered at him and that goes for our strikers not scoring when opportunities are presented to them.

Say what you like about bent and ince,give them a sniff and they rarely pass it up,...Vydra shouldn't either.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Whilst I understand the sentiments,vydra has had half season up to now and is still nowhere near the standard we need from our main cf.

We wouldn't let a keeper stay in goal if he missed every shot delivered at him and that goes for our strikers not scoring when opportunities are presented to them.

Say what you like about bent and ince,give them a sniff and they rarely pass it up,...Vydra shouldn't either.

Well you wouldn't play him in a different position either and expect him to do well;)

13 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Just a shame i don't think we will ever see that. Mclaren only ever plays a lone striker no matter the score. :(

Oh well at least i cant be proven wrong and can moan on here :lol:

It's not really vydras fault to be honest.

Brought into a team used to 433 when he plays 442 then asked to adapt to it but struggles.

Then the perfect player for him to bounce off,Martin is moved on anyway.

He,d be better off elsewhere to be honest where I'm sure he will show his true colours

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

But everyone else has to adapt then

Yeah this is true and this is what failed for Pearson.

We either sell him. Carry on staying patient and hope he can learn the lone striker role or only use him when behind and actually go 2 up front.

I think Mclaren will try the middle one.

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

We either sell him. Carry on staying patient and hope he can learn the lone striker role or only use him when behind and actually go 2 up front.

Yeah but I think he may find his chances even more limited now that Nugent is here. Going to get even harder for Vydra

12 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I think so too....But if Nugent works out,he may become the main striker with bent becoming the super sub again...Vydra may end up third choice.

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think so too....But if Nugent works out,he may become the main striker with bent becoming the super sub again...Vydra may end up third choice.

Until Bent leaves in the summer when his contract expires which is what I expect to happen

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Until Bent leaves in the summer when his contract expires which is what I expect to happen

The concern though, if Vydra is only third choice striker after two others, Bent & Nugent (who's best days are behind them in all fairness) what does it say about his ability, and his value to the club?

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yeah,but vydra will go with him unless we see a drastic reversal in his fortunes and cm stays at Fulham don't you think?

Or when Pearson gets the forest job regarding Vydra -so probably next week then! 

2 minutes ago, europia said:

The concern though, if Vydra is only third choice striker after two others, Bent & Nugent (who's best days are behind them in all fairness) what does it say about his ability, and his value to the club?

Currently he just doesn't fit, but if we have no real wing backs available for 433 then surely 442 has to be a consideration then him next to nugent or bent and we may look a better side, but we won't know if we don't try? 

19 hours ago, rammieib said:

And whilst you disappear take Bryson with you to find his game from three years ago.

Vydra's been poor, that much is true, but the latent ability is there if McClaren can unlock it. That said, I'm struggling to see how he's going to get the game time in his preferred position that he probably needs to break the poor run he's on.

All of this notwithstanding, your comment about never wearing the shirt again is simply attention-seeking guff from a serial crybaby.

Pitiful.

So we have two league defeats and the scapegoat is vydra. Sorry but every player against Leeds were crap. To single one out is typical from this forum. 

Let me remind you he's had one run in the side when a majority of the players were getting to grips with a new system. That didn't work and the Manager was sacked. Since the new manager has come in Vydra has not had a run of games to show what he can do. He still is a player who requires a hold up player with him. Unfortunately the one we had scored again for Fulham today.

I, like many still believe he will come good but he needs games and he isn't getting them. Do we adapt our formation for him? Who knows its Macs call but I do now think after yesterday that if we are going to lose games lets go down having a go. This for me would mean Vydra and Nugent up top with Hughes playing just behind. Ince on one wing and probably JR on the other. We currently have zero attack outlets from the full back region so we gotta go with attacking players in most midfield positions. Let the defenders defend and the attackers attack 

Archived