Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

Seeing as Ince and Martin supposedly don't get on, maybe Ince (10) refused to have his kit put next to Martin's (9)? Maybe he had to catch another flight from another airport so they weren't on the same plane together? Maybe he refuses to stay in the same hotel or run around the same running track? There's an easy explanation so everyone just calm down.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Sky were saying that its 8.5m upfront upto 11m over a period of time and that we want more up front which is the hold up...doesnt seem like its addons more like 11m guarenteed we just want more up front than 8.5m

Simple really, we want a certain amount either Huddersfield pay up or we pull the plug on the deal. We hold the cards, we get the money we want when we want or no deal. 

PistoldPete2
18 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Not bad business as he cost £4.75 million. But we have now sold two of our best players.Replacements?

We certainly need at least one midfielder and a couple of wingers. Can't see us replacing hughes with the money we got.

At least Ince and Will will get to play at the clubs they have gone to. We forget they are unproven at Prem.. level  ( discount Blackpools adventure).   AT bigger clubs they would disappear onto the bench/ into the squad/ or be loaned out back to a Championship club. This way they have chance to prove they  can hack it and then move on to a bigger club in which case we will get a further payment,,,,,,,,, hopefully.   And if the rumours about Will's contribution to our debts at Watford are true then he earned us more money than stated.

If we turn the Hughes and Ince money into signing jota £6m rising to £8m and Watkins £2.5 rising to £4m and add Ledley I personally think that would be a very strong squad with spending no more than that received. It would add goals from a CAM which Hughes never provided in Jota. Watkins would be the young hungry player to replace Inces flair and Ledley would be the DM that we've needed for the last 3 years to play alongside or battle with Thorne for the place to protect Thorne and his injury riddled career.

if the above happens I would have great confidence of a promotion push. Haven't a clue if Rowetts after these players but to me it seems like the team will be stronger for the changes.

would allow us to move players on as and when we see fit without having to raise cash.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

If we turn the Hughes and Ince money into signing jota £6m rising to £8m and Watkins £2.5 rising to £4m and add Ledley I personally think that would be a very strong squad with spending no more than that received. It would add goals from a CAM which Hughes never provided in Jota. Watkins would be the young hungry player to replace Inces flair and Ledley would be the DM that we've needed for the last 3 years to play alongside or battle with Thorne for the place to protect Thorne and his injury riddled career.

Would be class, but highly doubt we could get Jota for that fee :(

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

if the above happens I would have great confidence of a promotion push. Haven't a clue if Rowetts after these players but to me it seems like the team will be stronger for the changes.

would allow us to move players on as and when we see fit without having to raise cash.

I think Jota will go for a lot more than that, I would love to get him in though.

Ledley has lots of options and favours a move abroad, he did an interview where he said he is going on holiday to decide on his future and has lots of options, as much as I would love him here, I can't see it happening.

Watkins is an exciting prospect and I can see him coming in.

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would be class, but highly doubt we could get Jota for that fee :(

Some Brentford fans and people on twitter saying that Brentford only want £8m for him... Strange when I swear they wanted in excess of £10m a few months ago.

PistoldPete2
11 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

He's had chances. He's toss.

I think weimann is fine, but we have lots of strikers but no one to give them the ball. 

Weimann, Anya, nugent, martin, bent, Blackman. But no wingers and no creative midfield players. Such a disjointed squad... Going into a pre season tour that's bad. 

Archived