George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

Sith Happens
46 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Out with split ends

Blooming eck that sounds painful. He wasn't on a night out with Isaac success was he?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concerns me if he does start Sunday ... I know if it was the other way around I would be saying to the lads go in hard on him and I am sure the likes of Mr Osborn would do so. Simple game planning. So no he shouldn't start. Not in a grudge match like this where tackles will fly.

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, Dethorn said:

So I appreciate the bump, but the long and the short of it is we have no new news ?

What makes you say that?

Sith Happens

Im not sure what news we want? He played in the last u23 game on the 29th with GR saying at the time they weren't rushing him back, he stated that thorne himself acknowledged after the Barnsley game he wasn't ready yet.

Apart from the Steve bloomer game we haven't had a game he could play in since so he played 90 mins in the u23 game which is good news.

I wouldn't expect to be told anything else in an international break unless there had been an injury etc.

We might hear more in the press conference this week.

• 1 month later...

Has he done enough to keep his place in the team? Will Gary keep him in now at the expense of Tom Huddlestone?

For me he look really comfortable on the ball and got more confident as the game went on, made some great passes. Looked to me like him and Ledley could make a very effective paring.

Gary does seem to let players keep the shirt if they do well and not worry about leaving out one of his signings (look at Baird).

I think he may start him next time as we have a full week off to recover. Had we got a game on Tuesday then no!

I thought he looked pretty good considering his lack of match time, liked his movement, and seemed a little more forward than Hud (difficult to be sure due to Burton basically conceding midfield to play 6 (and more) at the back).

Archived