Norwich City vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It was Johnson, and I'm certainly not excluding him from criticism- all of them have seemed to not have no problem enough fight. The point was that Bryson makes the midfield unbalanced, him coming in makes it weak so we can't establish any sort of control over possession 

I hear what your saying.

on the face of it you'd think brysons running and simplicity (not a bad thing)

would complement a Hughes or butterfield than those two playing together as they both like to get on the ball infont of the opposition as opposed to bryson who looks to get in behind or up close to the front man.

obviously not lol 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

For christs sake mcclaren it couldn't be more obvious, GET Hanson on!

Sorry to be nosey but I had a quick browse at your profile and noticed you're 16. I'm quite impressed that you're able to spot the obvious when a man who has been a football coach for 5 years longer than you've been alive cannot.

Just now, Kernow said:

Sorry to be nosey but I had a quick browse at your profile and noticed you're 16. I'm quite impressed that you're able to spot the obvious when a man who has been a football coach for 5 years longer than you've been alive cannot.

Haha he probably does know something I don't, I've always respected him as a coach- but from where i know sitting and having already seen games that appear to have a similar problem, the solution seems painfully obvious

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

.......and who's actually at the game?

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Those football manager games have a lot to answer for :p

I like Hanson and want to see our youth do well, as much as anybody I'm just not sure he's the answer.

our problems (in terms of hitting the top 6) stem higher up the pitch imo 

our left hand side for all the graft and endevor lacks quality and more importantly production.

we have two centre forwards that neither are natural leaders of the line and certainly don't make it stick and provide the outlet that this system needs

we then end up putting a lot of burden and expectation on tom Ince who will become more and more a marked man  

Disclaimer:- I'm listening to the radio, and therefore my opinion doesn't count, but we have seemed a bit tired in recent games.

I think the effort the team has put in to pull us back into a par position is beginning to catch up with us.

Most dangerous job in the world, Derby left back!

Just now, Kernow said:

Come on Wolfie, we all know you don't need to watch a game to pick out those blatantly obvious observations.

As I said, I've seen games with Bryson and butterfield playing in before, and from what this game sounds like ( correct me anyone who's at the game if I'm wrong) it sounds like a very similar problem which I've given lots of consideration to over the season, that we cannot win the midfield battle with those two in there together, thus the obvious solution would appear to be to put Hanson in there and move Johnson further forward, where we know he can play to make it more stable. Maybe it's not the same problem, but if it is as it appears to be then I would say this is a perfectly viable solution of which I'm sure mcclaren will have considered and thought better of- but whatever he's done doesn't appear to have worked so far 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

As I said, I've seen games with Bryson and butterfield playing in before, and from what this game sounds like ( correct me anyone who's at the game if I'm wrong) it sounds like a very similar problem which I've given lots of consideration to over the season, that we cannot win the midfield battle with those two in there together, thus the obvious solution would appear to be to put Hanson in there and move Johnson further forward, where we know he can play to make it more stable. Maybe it's not the same problem, but if it is as it appears to be then I would say this is a perfectly viable solution of which I'm sure mcclaren will have considered and thought better of- but whatever he's done doesn't appear to have worked so far 

The only thing you give consideration to is what you're going to moan about next. :lol:

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Good job he didn't do what you said otherwise he wouldn't have been able to come on after Anya's injury.

Archived