Martyn Waghorn

drgoodspeak

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn has been linked with a move to Derby County.

According to The Daily Record, the Rams are interested in the former Leicester City and Sunderland front man, along with fellow Sky Bet Championship club Bristol City.

But the player himself has insisted that he is happy to stay with the Scottish giants.

Waghorn returned to Mark Warburton's starting line-up on Friday for the first time in more than two months - and scored twice in the victory over Hamilton.

The 26-year-old has 18 months left to run on his current contract and talks over a new deal have been put on the back burner, fuelling speculation over his future.

Read more: 'I told him it was the worst decision I had seen for a long time'

However, Waghorn told the Daily Record: "I am more than happy at Rangers. I am playing for my position and I want to get back in the starting line-up and play as well as I can.

"I have targets and I want to win as many trophies as I can at this club.

"It's just one of those things. I am in no rush and neither is the club.

"I have 18 months left on my contract and I'm happy to do my best for the club.

"It wasn't left nastily or harshly, it was put on the back burner, that's all.

"Early on in the season the performances weren't great and I wasn't justifying a new contract. We agreed to pick it all up later. I am more than happy to work hard."

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/transfer-news-striker-linked-with-derby-county-keen-to-stay-at-his-club/story-29993569-detail/story.html#G2OmipeqMBiqBde2.99

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If i ever pulled on a rangers shirt or kicked a football within half a mile if Ibrox I'd want to keep it quiet......

They might be trying to sell him to keep the lights on over the winter months. Josh Windass a few weeks ago, then Tavernier, now Waghorn.

Is Waghorn still going to the chippy after training, and giving the schoolkids verbals.....?

He will be queing outside the North Stand at Zan Fish in his full kit prior to ko most weeks. 

You have to wonder how they're going to claim they're still "The Rangers" after Sevco goes bust.

They did pay Barton quite a lot of money just to FO and not be his toxic self around there anymore. (although I did hear that behind the scenes, a lot of the squad agreed with a lot of Barton's ranting, which would be nice if Barton hadn't been just about the worst of their players all season).

Anyway,

I don't think we need to serve as a priory for fish supper addicts - Commons got himself a butt shelf you could rest a pint on at celtic...

Archived