Forest fans today

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

They actually let 2 off! 

The first one was when we scored the 2nd. It was in the east stand and got threw into the Derby end but quickly put out by the stewards! 

The 2nd one was much bigger and the stewards didn't even look like they cared.

What all of 'em! There were more stewards there than spectators at most York games I used to go to!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see the kick off at the end of the game outside the away stand?

My mate is a forest fan and said instead of going through the one way barriers that the club had set up, they just pushed them down and ran towards the main reception of the west stand. 

Not sure anything kicked off but clearly wasn't manned to the sufficient standards.

17 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

For the newbie, who is Kenny Burns?

Keep reading about him but don't know who he is.

He played for Derby when Peter Taylor signed him from Leeds .He came at probably one of the clubs WORST periods.He was in a team that fought of relegation in 1982/3 then we got relegated to the old third division in 1983/4 and his final season with "us" 1984/5 was the start of the Arthur Cox revival .

To be fair to Burns he always gave 100% and was a proper HARD barsteward most players would rather have him on there side and not in the opposition !

His sense of humour is all P*SS TAKING and winding up I think his column in the NOTTS post is the same just trying to cause a wind up and get a reaction.Having spoken to him on a couple of occasions I`m sure he enjoys all the stick he gets from us Rams fans.

He has also been quoted as having enjoyed his time as a Derby player . 

21 hours ago, KBB said:

I presumed someone had spent his dole money on a special firework for his big day out to let off "when forest score" and had to let it off when we scored our second and third.

Went off in his hand.

Said he was sorry and that it had never happened to him before 

26 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

I see the picture that I posted of Kenneth has been taken down, was it perhaps going a bit to far ? Was it classed as ographic ?

Or was it the reference to him playing Liz McDonald in  Corro st ?

did it cross boundaries ?

did it offend ?

It was just b ollocks.

14 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

He played for Derby when Peter Taylor signed him from Leeds .He came at probably one of the clubs WORST periods.He was in a team that fought of relegation in 1982/3 then we got relegated to the old third division in 1983/4 and his final season with "us" 1984/5 was the start of the Arthur Cox revival .

To be fair to Burns he always gave 100% and was a proper HARD barsteward most players would rather have him on there side and not in the opposition !

His sense of humour is all P*SS TAKING and winding up I think his column in the NOTTS post is the same just trying to cause a wind up and get a reaction.Having spoken to him on a couple of occasions I`m sure he enjoys all the stick he gets from us Rams fans.

He has also been quoted as having enjoyed his time as a Derby player . 

I'll second that. As hard as they come, and a tryer. His time here as you rightly say was marred by what was frankly, a deep depression for the club, 3rd division, a winding up petition in the courts and so on. Not good.

Funnily enough, I was watching a few youtube vids of that era last night. I'm kind of 'morbidly fascinated' with that particular period of our history, for some reason. Maybe as it is directly prior to my time as a fan beginning. My first games were at the very beginning of Arthur Cox's reign.

Good old Archie Gemmell still playing beautifully despite his legs giving in on him. Really was swimming against the tide wasn't he? Not to mention an ageing John Robertson, Stevie Powell and Dave Watson.

A very bizarre, given that there were still survivors from the glory days in the team, and ultimately, pretty bleak period of time for Derby County Football Club, the catalyst for which was the disastrous appointment of Tommy Docherty. it really did take us that long to recover from that idiot.

Now there may be circumstances of which I'm not aware and cause me to end up with egg on my face but, in a quiet few moments at work I thought I'd pop onto a Forest site and there is thread about what Derby fans are saying.

One chap highlighted the fact that they have much more loyal support given they have 20k despite the dross they have had to put up with whilst in our darkest hour (1985 FFS) our average attendance was just above 10000. Now we were in the third tier whilst they were finishing 9th in the top tier (only a handful of seasons after their admittedly impressive European championships). Their attendance, 16,781. 

Now am I missing something (maybe part of their ground was closed for renovation - as if), is the website I'm using (European football statistics) wrong or is this comedy gold? 

Archived