Genetic testing

froggg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Or in Prince Hary's case, looking in a mirror and then looking at a picture of James Hewitt :lol:

The history of the European monarchy is pretty interesting. It's a reasonably accurate rule of thumb to assume that anyone who wasn't a mad lecherous syphilitic haemophiliac was probably the result of an affair.

36 minutes ago, toddy said:

Is this the test that tells you what % of you is Anglo Saxon or whatever etc?

Yes

36 minutes ago, Anon said:

From what I understand the results are so broad as to be rendered almost meaningless. Most genetics experts agree that you'd be better served rooting around in your attic and quizzing relatives than taking DNA tests.

The older tests yes, they are more accurate now I believe.

I'd love to have it done. Apparently there only 5 or 6 main genetic threads linked to your geographic roots. Being a total romantic (but pretty basic looking short arsed Anglo Saxon)  I want to find some Viking, Roman Celt  or something in there. Love ancient history. 

there was a brilliant TV prog a few years back. They had a woman from Hull who was basically a Yorkshire First 100% Brit who claimed to trace her ancestry back to 1700 and something and swore she was hewn out of pure Yorkshire grit stone. Turned out she was 35% eastern asiatic European ( Turkish to you and me ) She was almost speechless and then rather embarrassed when she admitted on holiday Turks always stared talking to her in Turkish because she looked "native"

Then Norman Tebbit ... And they broke the news to him and said Norman .. You have the most boring north european DNA ever .. You family has never got on its bike in 2000 years ... LOL 

Archived