Forest game at home

DEL

18 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just been flicking through the match day programme and seen Forest game on Sunday 11th at 12. Has this been moved recently as I had it down as the Saturday.

Suits me if it's Sunday as we've been invited to Yorkshire Wildlife Park on the Saturday and didn't think we'd be able to go but could now.

You will be watching Nottingham pond life on the Sunday as well 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

York are away at village team near the Humber Bridge, North Ferriby United.

What a depressing fixture for festive football.

Derby will have more stewards v Birmingham than Ferriby will have home fans for that game.

I think I'll just rest up on boxing day and enjoy all the sport from my comfy chair.

50 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

And?

I got arrested in the 90s for chinning a bloke in a London night club who inappropriately used an asterisk in front of my then girlfriend ....

I think it get's a mention in Danny Dyer's new book out for Christmas - 'The Punctuation Factory: My Year with the Millwall Semi-colons.'

30 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I got arrested in the 90s for chinning a bloke in a London night club who inappropriately used an asterisk in front of my then girlfriend ....

I think it get's a mention in Danny Dyer's new book out for Christmas - 'The Punctuation Factory: My Year with the Millwall Semi-colons.'

Quite right too - you chinning him that is WHR.  Disgraceful use of an asterisk.  Mind the 90's were wild times for punctuation and grammar usage.  Thank God those days have gone.

Who gives a ****. Honestly if you are prepared to take the piss about flanges and ballions then accept you will get some back. There are far too many people on here with a far better understanding of English language than me for me to ever pull anyone up because they started a sentence with a full stop and ended it with a capital letter.

14 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Can a single word, that is not a verb, constitute a sentence?

Technically a sentence should consist of a subject and a verb but it doesn't really matter as long as the meaning is conveyed. Either way, I wasn't being critical of the use of the word "and" as a sentence 

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Who gives a ****. Honestly if you are prepared to take the piss about flanges and ballions then accept you will get some back. There are far too many people on here with a far better understanding of English language than me for me to ever pull anyone up because they started a sentence with a full stop and ended it with a capital letter.

.AnD?

Archived