Ex-Rams - How much would they be worth in today's market?

RamsPolls

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I think we'd have paid a lot more for Rob Hulse in today's market. Proven championship striker, and wasn't he doing relatively well for Sheffield United when we got him? Surely upwards of £3/4m?

Had a decent season in the Premier League in 06/07 but broke his leg in March and was replaced by Beattie. Never really got much of a chance when he recovered because of this. 

That £4,000,000 we accepted from Boro though… in today's market that's a Kodija sized fee. 

Hector and McFarland would be worth £30m + in today's market. Reckon Todd would be also.

As for my era, Sturridge Wanchope £20m, Baiano £15m, Eranio and Asanovic £10-15m - only due to their age, they would've been £25m in prime.

Poom - 12m

Chrissy Powell - 10m

Gary Rowett - 7m

As for Christian Dailly - in today's market he would possibly be just about worth the £5m we sold him for nearly 20 years ago - we saw Blackburn coming with that one!!

46 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Hector and McFarland would be worth £30m + in today's market. Reckon Todd would be also.

As for my era, Sturridge Wanchope £20m, Baiano £15m, Eranio and Asanovic £10-15m - only due to their age, they would've been £25m in prime.

Poom - 12m

Chrissy Powell - 10m

Gary Rowett - 7m

As for Christian Dailly - in today's market he would possibly be just about worth the £5m we sold him for nearly 20 years ago - we saw Blackburn coming with that one!!

The championship players would be worth that if the fitness levels where that of the players today, and the other teams that they played against too.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Green = 2m

Webster = 5m

Robson = 4m

Durban =6m

McFarland = 75m

Todd = 75m

McGovern = 3m

Gemmill = 15m

O'Hare = 18m

Hector = 25m

Hinton = 12m

Wignall = 500.000

@ todays stupid  money , and in their prime ..

Ok Mozza,

lets try and match some of those players with current, famous, or more recent stars.....by match, I mean at least as good as if not better.

Les Green - Tom Heaton

Ron Webster - Gary Neville

Jon Robson - career cut short by injury but would have been like Denis Irwin ?

Alan Durban -  Frank Lampard

John McGovern - Nicky Butt/John Eustace

Roy McFarland - not seen a better player, maybe Bobby Moore crossed with Franz Beckenbauer

Colin Todd -  cross between John Stones and Javier Mascherano with added pace and a tackle like Roy Keane

Archie Gemmill - Messi

O'Hare - Costa

Hector - Bergkamp

Hinton - Beckham

13 hours ago, mozza said:

Green = 2m

Webster = 5m

Robson = 4m

Durban =6m

McFarland = 75m

Todd = 75m

McGovern = 3m

Gemmill = 15m

O'Hare = 18m

Hector = 25m

Hinton = 12m

Wignall = 500.000

McFarland and Todd would certainly be worth more than stones. Gemmill way more than £15 million I think. And hector in his prime more than£25 million. 

Amazing to yo think we got Charlie george for only £100,000 a steal even in those days. 

31 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

McFarland and Todd would certainly be worth more than stones. Gemmill way more than £15 million I think. And hector in his prime more than£25 million. 

Amazing to yo think we got Charlie george for only £100,000 a steal even in those days. 

Mackay for £6,000..

On 11/11/2016 at 14:42, Ramchester said:

By todays market how much would Seth Johnson be worth? Sold for 7 million in 2001 - todays market.....20 million?!?

I loved Sethlad but the strange fact is he wouldn't go for all that much more than £7million in today's market, because thanks to their chairman Leeds then were almost paying today's market prices. £10-12million maybe?

As an aside on this thread, but still kind of food for thought ...

A while ago I was listening to a radio program about George Best. At the end, the presenter asked a couple of football correspondents how would GB do if he played in the game today. One bloke said that he would almost unstoppable - Best was a hard **** and would push off most challenges from 21st Century defenders, failing that, referees now give strikers that much leeway/protection that he would be constantly earning free-kicks and penalties.

Something to think about with your calculations above, how the game has changed. 

17 hours ago, mozza said:

Green = 2m

Webster = 5m

Robson = 4m

Durban =6m

McFarland = 75m

Todd = 75m

McGovern = 3m

Gemmill = 15m

O'Hare = 18m

Hector = 250m

Hinton = 12m

Wignall = 500.000

Hi Mozza

Fixed the error on King Kev for you:)

22 hours ago, mozza said:

Green = 2m

Webster = 5m

Robson = 4m

Durban =6m

McFarland = 75m

Todd = 75m

McGovern = 3m

Gemmill = 15m

O'Hare = 18m

Hector = 25m

Hinton = 12m

Wignall = 500.000

Needs to be more stupid than that on some of those - you've basically valued Hinton as a Championship player at that value ;) 

Think Pep would lay down a lot of cheddar for Todd. You're probably spot on with that valuation.

What about Steve Bloomer?

It's hard to make comparisons in such a vastly different era but in his time, Bloomer was for the vast majority of his career one of the top performers in the country, and therefore the world.

Just think, what would a player consistently getting 20+ goals a season in a top Premier League side fetch in today's market?

You could reach nine figures...

Archived