Ex-Rams - How much would they be worth in today's market?

RamsPolls

Just had a bit of banter with @Animal is a Ram and it made me google Gary Teale just to see what he was doing with himself in the current footballing world. I then read the Wikipedia articles for Mr Teale and the fee's been discussed around his moves between clubs like Wigan, Derby & Plymouth are quite low for a championship player and I highly doubt the fee's will have been the same in today's market. So from the following players, How much do you think they would be worth in the current market? So how much would we have had to pay for them and how much could we have sold them for in the current market?

Frank Fielding - Signed for £400,000 from Blackburn Rovers - Sold for £200,000 to Bristol City - £

Gary Teale - Signed for £600,000 from Wigan - Left on a free after contract expired - £

Kris Commons - Signed for free from Nottingham Forest - Sold to Celtic for £300,000 - £

Rob Hulse - Signed for £1.75m from Sheffield United - Sold for £500,000 to QPR - £

Robert Earnshaw - Signed for £3.5m from Norwich City - Sold for £2.65m to Nottingham Forest - £

Iñigo Idiakez - Signed for free from Rayo Vallecano - Sold for £275,000 to Southampton - £ 

Grzegorz Rasiak - Signed for free from Dyskobolia Grodzisk - Sold for £3m to Tottenham Hotspur - £

Robbie Savage - Signed for £1.5m from Blackburn Rovers - Retired at the Rams - £

Jay McEveley - Signed for £600,000 from Blackburn Rovers - Left for free to Barnsley - £ 

Tyrone Mears - Signed for £1m from West Ham - Sold for £500,000 to Burnley - £

John Brayford - Signed for around £1m in a double signing deal - Sold for £1.5m to Cardiff City - £

Dean Moxey - Signed for £300,000 from Exeter City - Sold for £400,000 to Crystal Palace - £

There are a few players on this list that we without a doubt paid far too much for, but at the same time there are players on here that we got for barely anything but then sold them on for next to nothing. 

Disclaimer - I have listed these players as these were the ones I grew up with, If you want to add some names and prices then please feel free to do so. And do not shoot me for not listing a certain player. Thanks :p. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guesses -

Frank Fielding - Signed for £400,000 from Blackburn Rovers - Sold for £200,000 to Bristol City - £1.5m

Gary Teale - Signed for £600,000 from Wigan - Left on a free after contract expired - £2m

Kris Commons - Signed for free from Nottingham Forest - Sold to Celtic for £300,000 - £2.5m

Rob Hulse - Signed for £1.75m from Sheffield United - Sold for £500,000 to QPR - £1.5m

Robert Earnshaw - Signed for £3.5m from Norwich City - Sold for £2.65m to Nottingham Forest - £4m

Iñigo Idiakez - Signed for free from Rayo Vallecano - Sold for £275,000 to Southampton - £1.5m

Grzegorz Rasiak - Signed for free from Dyskobolia Grodzisk - Sold for £3m to Tottenham Hotspur - £6m

Robbie Savage - Signed for £1.5m from Blackburn Rovers - Retired at the Rams - £2.5m

Jay McEveley - Signed for £600,000 from Blackburn Rovers - Left for free to Barnsley - £1m 

Tyrone Mears - Signed for £1m from West Ham - Sold for £500,000 to Burnley - £4m

John Brayford - Signed for around £1m in a double signing deal - Sold for £1.5m to Cardiff City - £5m

Dean Moxey - Signed for £300,000 from Exeter City - Sold for £400,000 to Crystal Palace - £1.2m

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I find it hard to believe anyone would spend that kind of money on Gary Teale.

To be fair, He was playing in the premier league for Wigan at the time that we signed him. He was part of there promotion season to the premier league but they signed someone to replace him for the new season, so he was a fringe player at a newly promoted premier league club. 

And if you look at Adomah for Villa. He is exactly the same situation and they've paid around £4m for him! So in this current market, £2m for Teale would have been sufficient.

3 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

My guesses -

Frank Fielding - Signed for £400,000 from Blackburn Rovers - Sold for £200,000 to Bristol City - £1.5m

Gary Teale - Signed for £600,000 from Wigan - Left on a free after contract expired - £2m

Kris Commons - Signed for free from Nottingham Forest - Sold to Celtic for £300,000 - £2.5m

Rob Hulse - Signed for £1.75m from Sheffield United - Sold for £500,000 to QPR - £1.5m

Robert Earnshaw - Signed for £3.5m from Norwich City - Sold for £2.65m to Nottingham Forest - £4m

Iñigo Idiakez - Signed for free from Rayo Vallecano - Sold for £275,000 to Southampton - £1.5m

Grzegorz Rasiak - Signed for free from Dyskobolia Grodzisk - Sold for £3m to Tottenham Hotspur - £6m

Robbie Savage - Signed for £1.5m from Blackburn Rovers - Retired at the Rams - £2.5m

Jay McEveley - Signed for £600,000 from Blackburn Rovers - Left for free to Barnsley - £1m 

Tyrone Mears - Signed for £1m from West Ham - Sold for £500,000 to Burnley - £4m

John Brayford - Signed for around £1m in a double signing deal - Sold for £1.5m to Cardiff City - £5m

Dean Moxey - Signed for £300,000 from Exeter City - Sold for £400,000 to Crystal Palace - £1.2m

Are you judging those fees as if our selling situation is the same except for the time,  I.E Commons with 6 months left on his contract???  if not, Hulse & Common's fees look an absolute steal...

19 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Are you judging those fees as if our selling situation is the same except for the time,  I.E Commons with 6 months left on his contract???  if not, Hulse & Common's fees look an absolute steal...

I was judging the fee's as in everything is the same but the market of transfers as it were this summer. 

I was unaware that Commons had 6 months left! 

10 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I was judging the fee's as in everything is the same but the market of transfers as it were this summer. 

I was unaware that Commons had 6 months left! 

Yeah he played his way to a new offer but Celtic came in and had our pants down.  If you look at Hendrick going for £10m & the buy out fee for Martin being £9m, a Hulse & Commons in their prime would be double digits easily, Rasiak would be a little higher as well.  Other than that, the rest are pretty fair...

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Igor would have been double that in today's market. Not many decent center halves around either these days.

To be fair, He was 32 when he left us. Doubt anyone would pay over £10m for a 32 year old CB nowadays. 

7 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I stand corrected.

In fairness to you, the transfer market has gotten quite ridiculous. I mean look at McCormack; 30 years old, championship player, never played at the top level and has relatively few caps for Scotland. Yet moves for £12M.  

9 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

My guesses -

I think we'd have paid a lot more for Rob Hulse in today's market. Proven championship striker, and wasn't he doing relatively well for Sheffield United when we got him? Surely upwards of £3/4m?

Archived