Ex-Rams - How much would they be worth in today's market?

RamsPolls

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I know Shilton never played for us in his prime but I imagine he'd go for 30-40m when he was at the top of his game.

Mark Wright - Are we thinking he'd go for John Stones type money? - 50m

Dean Saunders - Must be close to 50m as well?  

Or am I just biased?

Guessing you never saw Shilton play for us? As a child of the (early) seventies I have never seen better for or against Derby.

7 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Guessing you never saw Shilton play for us? As a child of the (early) seventies I have never seen better for or against Derby.

I did see Shilton a lot for us and I agree he is by far the best keeper I have ever seen in a Derby shirt.  I even felt at the time of the 1990 WC that he was still the best GK in the world although I accept I could be classed as biased.  Even with that in mind though, surely his peak was before he got to Derby?

10 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I did see Shilton a lot for us and I agree he is by far the best keeper I have ever seen in a Derby shirt.  I even felt at the time of the 1990 WC that he was still the best GK in the world although I accept I could be classed as biased.  Even with that in mind though, surely his peak was before he got to Derby?

I suppose so, but other than watching him play England internationals on TV I have no real reference points.  Suffice it to say that he was an extraordinarily good keeper who played at a very high level for near on two decades.  I suspect that if he had got a boot on a mediocre shot in some game in 1973 instead of diving over the top it, he'd have twice as many caps. 

11 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I don't think he had a peak at all. He had a plateau that lasted for about 20 years.

I can't really separate Shilts, Banks, Yashin or Zoff - all truly fantastic keepers.

• 5 months later...
On 12/11/2016 at 21:50, mozza said:

Green = 2m

Webster = 5m

Robson = 4m

Durban =6m

McFarland = 75m

Todd = 75m

McGovern = 3m

Gemmill = 15m

O'Hare = 18m

Hector = 25m

Hinton = 12m

Wignall = 500.000

@ todays stupid  money , and in their prime ..

Just been and had an enjoyable pint with messrs Hinton & O'Hare and got Alan to sign my 1972 champions shirt, proper club legends !

IMG_9103.JPG

Archived