England vs Scotland

DEL

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game was ok. England were very average, but extremely clinical for a change. I felt a bit sorry for the delusional secessionists. They created some decent chances and deserved at least a consolation goal for their efforts. How Martin doesn't start more for them is beyond me. Griffiths is utter ***** and added to his impressive repertoire of appalling football by failing to play in Snodgrass when the most obvious through ball in history was staring him directly in his stupid greedy face. Oh, and well done to Broony for keeping up his "hard man" image by offering out a couple of our smallest players once it got to 3-0. Well worth coming out of retirement for.

Watched it this morning including the post match verbiage . 

Thought Southgate was sufficiently deluded and carefully inoffensive to be a shoe-in for the permanent job . 

Scotland finishing woeful but they cut us open at times far too easily . if England really are going to play out from the back then need better than cahill and perhaps should consider 3 at the back of stones dier +1.

42 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Thought Southgate was sufficiently deluded and carefully inoffensive to be a shoe-in for the permanent job . 

Scotland finishing woeful but they cut us open at times far too easily . if England really are going to play out from the back then need better than cahill and perhaps should consider 3 at the back of stones dier +1.

Odd to see Anya in the team, no chris Martin and no Johnny russell. 

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I know its wrong but part of me wanted england to lose so they don't give southgate the job.

Just can't see him taking us forward.

Why? 

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Why? 

He has not excelled in his managerial career, OK so he did an OK job with the under 21's, but so did Stuart Pearce. Nothing about him excites me, he has no personality as such. The england job needs someone with a strong personality.

My opinion, I hope he proves me and many others wrong though if he is given the job.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

He has not excelled in his managerial career, OK so he did an OK job with the under 21's, but so did Stuart Pearce. Nothing about him excites me, he has no personality as such. The england job needs someone with a strong personality.

My opinion, I hope he proves me and many others wrong though if he is given the job.

Don't hold it against him he doesn't want the job, he is only helping them out. 

Just now, Paul71 said:

One who was behind having St George's Park, doesn't get reported much that..... have a look at the youth levels now from u15 to u20 now...... he's done a lot more at them levels than any other coach to him previously. 

He is a very much maligned guy, and it's football snobbery by much of the press that talks him down. Not saying he's a world beater, but I do think he deserves a go at the World Cup. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

One who was behind having St George's Park, doesn't get reported much that..... have a look at the youth levels now from u15 to u20 now...... he's done a lot more at them levels than any other coach to him previously. 

He is a very much maligned guy, and it's football snobbery by much of the press that talks him down. Not saying he's a world beater, but I do think he deserves a go at the World Cup. 

Honestly I hope you are right. I haven't got a buzz about an England manager since erikkson, and even that didn't work out as well as it should have.

I would love to see england do well again, I just don't think we will under southgate.  I just hope I am wrong.

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Don't hold it against him he doesn't want the job, he is only helping them out. 

I really can't imagine who would want it, that's why I think it needs someone with a strong persona.

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I really can't imagine who would want it, that's why I think it needs someone with a strong persona.

You could say Capello was a strong persona 

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you have to name an alternative though!

Ha yeah,,,thats a tough one.

When the job was up before Sam go it i said Mauricio Pochettino, and i wouldnt mind going that route. I would have said Mourinhio a year ago, but somehow he seems to have lost his 'mojo'.

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Sounds a very familiar scenario!

11 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Keane looked good on the ball for us on loan. Not so sure he'll get the opportunity to showcase this at Burnley mind!

Archived