England vs Scotland

DEL

Couldn't care less to be honest.  Got sick to death of the over-paid, bottle jobs embarrassing themselves in front of a global audience ever since around Euro 2008.  Too much type surrounding average players.  Jordan Henderson looks a world beater for Liverpool because he's got Firminio, Mane' & Coutiniho pulling defenses apart, but when he's got Walcott, Kane & LLanna stood next to their markers and not even attempting to break through the lines he's lost.  Same goes for pretty much the entire squad, they shine for their club sides because they're surrounded by a load of foreigners with superior technique...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

why is he?

You can only confine him to the past when he's no longer the best and better options are available.... there are not better options available!

England need to be building a squad for the future and Rooney shouldn't have a part in that future because basically he'll be too old soon.

Yes I agree he could still do a job this qualifying and in Russia but what's the point. After that he'll retire anyway.

That was my point really and not because I don't believe he still has something to offer.

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Couldn't care less to be honest.  Got sick to death of the over-paid, bottle jobs embarrassing themselves in front of a global audience ever since around Euro 2008.  Too much type surrounding average players.  Jordan Henderson looks a world beater for Liverpool because he's got Firminio, Mane' & Coutiniho pulling defenses apart, but when he's got Walcott, Kane & LLanna stood next to their markers and not even attempting to break through the lines he's lost.  Same goes for pretty much the entire squad, they shine for their club sides because they're surrounded by a load of foreigners with superior technique...

Spot on. England have the players. No doubt about that. Sturridge, Lallana, Dele Alli, Sterling etc but they don't move enough and they don't play with the same tempo as say Liverpool.

Movement and quick tempo are needed otherwise it's the usual dour, stale, tepid shifting the ball around laboriously routine that we will continue to witness in England matches.

The likes of Lallana, Sterling and Walcott are good supporting casts for their respective club teams where they aren't required to be the main men, just the supporting casts for the main players on their teams to perform. When it comes to international duty(I'm not just restricting this to those 3 players) they don't know what to do without their main teammates around them as for England they are required to be 'the' men.

I for one am looking forward to it. I'll be supporting Scotland for the Derby connection (Anya and Martin). I've been burned by England too many times in the past, it feels like a chore watching them these days, while it never is watching the other home nations and Ireland.

Scenes on here when Martin scores...

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'll be happy as long as Scotland raise themselves and play with some pride and don't roll over and let themselves get humped.

England winning is not the issue, showing England that Scotland is a team worthy of respect is.

Donkey team. That Scotland team is going to get HAMMERED. If they lose by three goals or less they'll have done themselves proud. They're not Iceland - who by the way are ranked higher by FIFA as are Albania Northern Ireland and even Saudi Arabia.

and roll over is to be expected as skipper Fletcher has indicated that he will love a draw :

"Even with a couple of disappointing results, we are by no means out of it. We can't be get drawn into these "must win" games.

"A point would be a decent result for us," Fletcher said.

"We are [not] playing for a draw [but] if we can get a result, we are still involved in the group with big games coming up in 2017."

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I didn't even know they were playing tomorrow until I just saw this thread now. That's how much I actually care about the England national team. Bunch of overpaid losers.

It's a World Cup qualifier and we have a good exciting team. How could you not know seriously. The overpaid losers you refer to are the lousy managers we've had (plus Rooney maybe)

I'll be watching a Thin Lizzy tribute band tonight.

I love watching our national teams play rugby and cricket and support GB and U.K. sports men and women in a variety of guises.

I have tried, I really have, with the England football team. I just find their lack of gumption exasperating. 

Yes, it's a qualifier and they'll probably win. But it's another poor group to ensure we take our TV to the next World Cup.

its like qualifying for the next round of musical chairs. Easy at the beginning. 

Probably going to be the most boring game in the world. England will keep possession and not make any clear cut chances, while Scotland defend excellently but have no desire to attack. The only reason I'm watching this one is to see the Scottish Derby players, like Martin and Anya. 

6 hours ago, Ninos said:

Donkey team. That Scotland team is going to get HAMMERED. If they lose by three goals or less they'll have done themselves proud. They're not Iceland - who by the way are ranked higher by FIFA as are Albania Northern Ireland and even Saudi Arabia.

and roll over is to be expected as skipper Fletcher has indicated that he will love a draw :

"Even with a couple of disappointing results, we are by no means out of it. We can't be get drawn into these "must win" games.

"A point would be a decent result for us," Fletcher said.

"We are [not] playing for a draw [but] if we can get a result, we are still involved in the group with big games coming up in 2017."

You've clearly not watched enough England games, or England v Scotland games, and this is just all the usual pre match talk.

Example 1999. Martin Tyler "it won't be an easy ride" etc. Southgate early days. Don't take anything from Scotland's last result, Scotland will be well up for it tonight. England used to rely on Paul Scholes now it's Wayne Rooney, give me Paul Scholes any day of the week. Robert Snodgrass is coming to get ya, Ninos, and Chris Martin will give you a cuddle!

Archived