Songs you skip over

admira

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, admira said:

"Don't You Want me" on Dare by the Human League. Heard it to death.

Classic album though however old you are.

There are plenty of excellent songs that suffer from being overplayed. I quite often skip "Happy Hour" on The Housemartin's London 0 Hull 4 for that very reason.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

There are plenty of excellent songs that suffer from being overplayed. I quite often skip "Happy Hour" on The Housemartin's London 0 Hull 4 for that very reason.

I used to run an 80's club night. If I never hear Tainted Love or Living on a Prayer again, it won't be too soon.

2 minutes ago, admira said:

I used to run an 80's club night. If I never hear Tainted Love or Living on a Prayer again, it won't be too soon.

Exactly. I love 80's stuff on the whole but it's always the same half dozen songs that get played. You can add Karma Chameleon, Wake me up before you go go & Come on Eileen to that list for me.

1 hour ago, admira said:

"Don't You Want me" on Dare by the Human League. Heard it to death.

Classic album though however old you are.

Same here. Have you seen them perform "Being Boiled" live?. Amazing & it was never a song I liked that much on the album originally.

In the same way, for 20 years of my life I've been a big Depeche Mode fan but the one song I never listen to is "Just can't get enough" because it's the one you always hear.

I haven't bought an actual CD in years.  If I like a tune I like I'll go to my download site and sample their whole album and download the tracks I like.  If I'm a fan of a band I'll download the whole album, listen to it a few times, then delete the tracks I'm not keen on...  Welcome to the digital age!!!

TBF I do miss whiling away an afternoon in HMV going through rack after rack of CD's/DVD's.  I lament the closure of record/video shops as much as anyone but seeing as we were over charged massively I don't have a lot of sympathy for the bosses.

8 hours ago, admira said:

When playing an album, are there any particular songs you always skip?

I'll kick off with 'Fitter Happier' from Radiohead's 'OK Computer'.

I like that track, it acts as a nice breather before Electioneering kicks off the back end of the album.

I skip Climbing up the walls most instead!

Archived