Songs you skip over

admira

I always skip "All You Need Is Love" and "Hey Jude". Two Beatles tracks I simply cannot stand.

Never been able to hack the title track on "Meat is Murder" in case it turns me into a vegan.

On Kanye's "Graduation", I always skip Drunk and Hot Girls. Sounds ever worse because it comes before my favourite track on the album.

Oh, and "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac. I love "Rumours" but cannot listen to the happy-clappy tripe on that song.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/25/2016 at 12:12, tomsdubs said:

Then why are young artists making concept albums?

On 10/25/2016 at 12:16, Muskination said:

Because they heard Mike Oldfield and ELO did it.

yeah, Kendrick Lamar often cites Jeff Lyne as one of his major influences

Bought my first album at 7, The World Of Cat Stevens on Decca label.  Always skipped The First Cut Is The Deepest, now i consider it one of the best songs of the album.  The Beatles White Album is one of my favorites and i love everything on it, even the fillers Why Don't We Do It In The Road and Honey Pie but with one clear exception.  i played Revolution Number 9 once and only once.

I can't remember the last time I listened to a full album. I was an early adopter of Spotify and legal music streaming. As a value proposition it is incredible compared for forking out a tenner for an album or 79p per song as it was on iTunes.

If musicians like Taylor Swift are upset about the fact they don't make as much money on those platforms than before then tough, the market dictates what your product is worth, not you.

3 hours ago, ramit said:

Bought my first album at 7, The World Of Cat Stevens on Decca label.  Always skipped The First Cut Is The Deepest, now i consider it one of the best songs of the album.  The Beatles White Album is one of my favorites and i love everything on it, even the fillers Why Don't We Do It In The Road and Honey Pie but with one clear exception.  i played Revolution Number 9 once and only once.

Number 9, Number 9, Num...You know the drill. While My Guitar Gently Weeps...a masterpiece. 

Abbey Road is my favourite. 

47 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Number 9, Number 9, Num...You know the drill. While My Guitar Gently Weeps...a masterpiece. 

Abbey Road is my favourite. 

Abbey Road is such a quality album, with probably the strongest B side in history.  Once there was a way...  

Went Beatles mad in my teens, bought all their albums from 66 onward.  Found a very early album of theirs that i didn't recognize on sale for 50 cents at a record store in Pleasant Hill California.  It was their first attempt at the US market.  Many years later i sold it for pretty much the same as i bought it for.  This album now sells for twenty thousand dollars used. :blink:

45 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Didn't help that it seemed to be at No.1 for about 18 months

...and that Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Huey Lewis and the News had tracks also named 'the Power of Love' almost at the same time. No, not remixes kids, different tracks.

The 80s was full of contradictions.

Archived