Memorable moments ( featuring " useless Dawkins " quite a bit )

Alph

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

It's understandable though. When you see a winger in any team you assume his job is to get into opponents territory and face the right way. 

He just used to bring the best out of others. Forsyth, central midfielders and Martin anyway

Think what worked against him woth me is that I missed his debut against Brim, so the first match I saw him in was against Sheff Wed and he missed 2 sitters, so had to work his way back from that :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Not surprised, the ball was literally glued to his foot and he only ever looked for the 5 yard pass, which worked so well under Mac before because of how we would pass and move and get men in and around each other. I'm really hoping we can replicate the style, but I know it's not going to be like flicking a switch. It may take a lot longer this time for Mac to get us playing actual football again. 

If it was literally glued to his foot then that would be cheating.

Personally I think SM will take time to replace the Thorne and Hendrick roles in the side when one of his options is Johnson.

Let's also see how the Sulky child Thomas goes this time around.

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

Think what worked against him woth me is that I missed his debut against Brim, so the first match I saw him in was against Sheff Wed and he missed 2 sitters, so had to work his way back from that :lol:

@rammieib must have been the same.

He's a hater:lol:

The majority of those great goals did not include a long ball. As soon as we won the ball players got forward, quite often there was 4 or 5 in the box when we scored.

That is a tactic. That comes from the Head Coach or Manager. If Mac had of carried on ordering his players to do that he'd never have left and we'd be in Europe now.

What a great thread @Alpha

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Dawkins was my favourite Derby player. Technically brilliant for Championship level.

Too many couldn't see it and abused him for not getting his head down and running in a straight line towards the by-line. He offered us great balance and providd the perfect link between defence and attack.

Exactly he was never a proper winger, he was more of a midfielder used out wide to provide balance to the team because of his different attributes. Very nice and polite lad off the field too

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Exactly he was never a proper winger, he was more of a midfielder used out wide to provide balance to the team because of his different attributes. Very nice and polite lad off the field too

He worked out wide though, probably because he was so unorthodox in the position it made him hard to pick up.

Fozzy had the option of inside or out, and teams couldn't quite get to grips with it.

Oh well, hope he's happy now.

Archived