The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

It does not matter what stats you want to bring up to try and justify Martin's lack of goals this season, the fact of the matter is there has been 20 other strikers in the championship that have scored more goals than him this season.

I dare say that most of them have also been defending corners and set pieces at their clubs, possibly even been holding up the ball once or twice and linking up play with their team mates.

But all 20 have also scored more goals than Martin this season.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fine. He's come back with a MoM performance - if Chrissy was perfect he'd be signed and playing in the Prem.

Now that is complete hog wash, he cannot hold down CF position at Fulham.:lol:

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

It does not matter what stats you want to bring up to try and justify Martin's lack of goals this season, the fact of the matter is there has been 20 other strikers in the championship that have scored more goals than him this season.

I dare say that most of them have also been defending corners and set pieces at their clubs, possibly even been holding up the ball once or twice and linking up play with their team mates.

Unbelievable!!! Bloody unbelievable!!!

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

He'll be back at Derby and in the starting line up next season and you will spend all summer crying yourself to sleep over that fact. :lol:

1 minute ago, Anon said:

He'll be back at Derby and in the starting line up next season and you will spend all summer crying yourself to sleep over that fact. :lol:

That'll be best thing ever in summer 2017. :lol::wub::D

24 minutes ago, toddy said:

And the reason Martin has not started most games, eh not because he was injured.....because he was dropped.

How many games has he played in....

I have noticed all the official charts naming the leading goal scorers so far for the season, don't use how many starts a player has made to justify there list of top goal scores -  I wonder why?:thumbsup:

Well the BBC use minutes played and calculate minutes per a goal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

21 minutes ago, toddy said:

Most of them have more minutes on the pitch than him too... Maybe there's a correlation between getting goals and actually being on the pitch?

20 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yet again toddy I will ask - Do you have a contact in the coaching team at Fulham who is telling you the reason Martin isn't playing every week?

I would imagine he won't play every week if he comes back to us next season too - Since Rowett seems smart enough to know that different defences can be unlocked by different forwards

27 minutes ago, toddy said:

If he's Fulham's top scorer and he's not in the top 20 championship scorers then doesn't that say more about how Fulham play, and where their goals come from, than just Chris Martin?

The one stat you care about is flawed

56 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

What is the breakdown of minutes per goal? Come on statos.

221.8 minutes per goal. 

He's the top scorer in one of the top scoring teams in the league. Nuff said really.

I'd be interested to see what his contribution to goals stat is, assists and significant contributions. Fulham clearly get goals from all over the pitch, which is why they have such a potent attack, and id be surprised if martin isn't significantly involved in a lot of them. 

Archived