The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

35 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Meet the fee he's theirs.  Those who think it's as simple as Martin refusing to sign for Fulham - even that he doesn't want to be there, which I don't believe - are deluded. Martin is for Martin - he will play in the higher league if he can or for a manager that plays him regularly in his preferred system in this one. Fulham Derby Wolves Boro whoever. Why not sign the Derby contract if he is considering staying? Because it puts him in a far stronger position with fulhams impending contract offer - cause he can go on strike if they dont match it! He will be either a Fulham player or they'll move him on. 

If Fulham and Martin had everything agreed on the dotted line then why was the loan put in place with a view to sign him? That means we would have to deal with any injury problems, insurance and a presume some of his wages. It makes no sense.

Youve built up Martin like a panto villain to the point of delusion on the matter, believing everything you want to hear and ignoring everything against you. Oh and like many here week in/week out Derby fan who is a Martin fan, cheers to ya laddo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, DCFCTom84 said:

Have not made many comments since registering with the forum recently, but have watched this thread build over the last couple of days and I cannot believe how overly complicated people have made (with several exceptions) a very simple issue.

1. Chris Martin IS a Derby player, he is only temporarily loaned to Fulham.

2. It was reported that the original loan deal included an option to buy.  Therefore at the end of the season, IF Fulham so wish, they have a specific amount (thought to be £6 million) that activates that option. THE FIRST DECISION IS FULHAM'S!  If they want Chris Martin they stump up the cash, if they don't he returns.

3.  Having met the £6million to activate the option to buy they must offer Chris Martin a contract to sign for Fulham.  THE SECOND DECISION IS CHRIS MARTIN'S! If he accepts the contract he leaves, if he turns it down he goes.

The situation is very simple, Fulham make a choice about wanting CM, he then decides whether he wants to go, nothing more to it than that.  Essentially only 2 of the 3 parties have a real say in what happens, Derby have to wait and see 1st what Fulham decide and 2nd what CM decides.

The only debate is then what will the 2 parties actually do?

1. Will Fulham want Chris Martin?  This is perhaps hardest to decide, is he a striker worth £6 million for next season? Based on what other Championship goalscorers have gone for I would say yes.  Therefore he would seem a good deal to Fulham if they stay in the Championship.  However there are 2 main issues. The first is if Fulham got promoted, would they still want CM? Maybe not, they might then have resources to aim for better targets with more premier league experience etc.  Secondly they may decide to 'move-on' from CM as he has made it fairly clear this season where he would rather play.  Why pay £6million for a guy who definitely doesn't want to be there?

2. Will CM sign for Fulham? All signs point to no.  He has signed a new contract with Derby, said publically about wanting to come back for his family and the new manager has echoed that this week.  Consequently it seems unlikely that Fulham will be able to sign CM in the summer.  The only possible situations would be Fulham offering him a better contract than the one he has at Derby or they get promoted and CM decides a chance at the Premier League is worth the move.

The conspiracy that Fulham will activate the option to buy, give CM a big contract and then try to sell him in the same window seems ridiculous and a pointless gamble on their part.

I would say on the balance of probability that CM will be at Derby for next season, after that it will then depend on whether GR gets the best out of him or whether he decides CM is not what he wants/needs.

Can we sticky this to the top of every page?

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

You're wrong. Fulham take up the option to buy. He's their player - to rot in their reserves, if he refuses to play. He won't even refuse to play especially if they are in the premier league or he's given a contract matching ours. Fulham give us the the remaining money come season end, he's theirs full stop. And they've shown us they'll play hardball if they have to. 

you need to pay attention.

This must be a wind up right? If you are wumming then you've succeeded based on the replies this post has already got.

All the agreement means is that Fulham can make an offer for Martin which must be accepted providing it meets the agreed value. Then it's up to Martin. If Fulham offer him a load more money or they're promoted and still want him, then yeah he could go, but we all knew that anyway. Martin does not have to sign. Fulham can meet the agreed fee but unless Martin wants to go, the deal is dead. 

It's a similar situation to the Ince transfer with Hull a couple of years ago. We matched the agreed fee and Hull had to accept even though they didn't want to. Ince could have turned us down and stayed at Hull. He wanted to come here, so all that was needed was personal terms. If Ince didn't want to come here he would not be here. Same with Martin. He's only going to Fulham if both Fulham and Martin want the move. Based on events since Christmas, that's unlikely.

Personally I think he will be back with us next season but if say Sunderland or another relegated team turn round and offer us say £10 million would we sell?  - because that is basically what we did in signing Vydra for £8.5 million after Reading paid £2 million loan fee the previous season but a permanent transfer didn't take place.

16 hours ago, eddie said:

I presume, from the above post, that you assume that Chris Martin is just going to allow himself to be bought by Fulham then immediately sold on, without even having a say in the matter. Or perhaps you think he doesn't get a say - that he is a commodity to be bought and sold, even if he doesn't want to go?

I'll make a bet with you, if you've got the balls. If Fulham sign Chris Martin and then sell him on before the end of the transfer window, I will donate £50 to the charity of your choice. If it doesn't happen, you change your display name to "CMartinNo1Fan"

If he comes back I'll let you squeeze my balls at the Harvester, but when he doesn't you change your profile name to "ZanzalaNo1fan" and donate £49 to the half fan of your choice.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

If he comes back I'll let you squeeze my balls at the Harvester, but when he doesn't you change your profile name to "ZanzalaNo1fan" and donate £49 to the half fan of your choice.

I take it that's a 'no' then.

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

I take it that's a 'no' then.

You've just opened the parameters of the bet: Pm me privately I can send you some rather discerning photos and convinced as you are on the Wardrobe returning you may be tempted by them you cheeky little north stander. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

For £50 I will be willing to change any members username to number 1 fan of any player you choose.

FTFY

;)

You've just opened the parameters of the bet: Pm me privately I can send you some rather discerning photos and convinced as you are on the Wardrobe returning you may be tempted by them you cheeky little north stander. 

Wait… are we sending eachother nudes through PM now? 

I'm game.

I dictated the parameters of the bet. It's not a topic for discussion, even if you have got compromising photos of @David

17 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Now if you are saying that Martin won't be coming back because he seeks / finds is given a better offer then dumps us then that's one thing , however if your saying that Fulham can activate some kind of pre arranged agreement that forces Martin to become their player(sign for them or anybody else against his will) then you are either on a wind up or are crazy , shame because I read your opinions with just as much interest/ respect as others on here but you are miles off on the workings of this Martin saga and making yourself look foolish

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

You're wrong. Fulham take up the option to buy. He's their player - to rot in their reserves, if he refuses to play. He won't even refuse to play especially if they are in the premier league or he's given a contract matching ours. Fulham give us the the remaining money come season end, he's theirs full stop. And they've shown us they'll play hardball if they have to. 

you need to pay attention.

Ninos it's not the fact of whether he will be back or not. You've clearly stated its up to Fulham and not Martin which is absolute ********. The only way Martin can sign for them is if HE wants to.

Archived