if i were Mel......

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I would have been pi$$ed with how this season was headed and would have at the very least want to spk with NP to see where we go next. Will never know what was said but NP is a fiesty character and you would expect him to take exception at any mention of "the Derby way"

Spank?

Spunk?

I would:

• enrol on a London Business School course for Company Chairmen so as to learn what I should and should not be focusing on to improve my performance (as a Chairman, you lot)
  • review my senior personnel selection and appraisal procedures
  • invest in some Cuban Heels to ensure i can look down on my next Manager in all respects
  • wonder why I have a Chief Executive on my payroll
  • follow in the footsteps of my fellow Derbyshire aspiring Chairman Michael Knighton and do keepy-ups on the pitch at half-time during every home game to show the supporters my footballing expertise
  • failing which, agree with my wife that I should have bought a super-yacht and not DCFC

I'd refund all season ticket holders, and put myself in charge.....cut the middle man out altogether, must be cheaper than spending millions every few months by getting rid of him :ph34r:

If I were Mel, I'd wonder if buying derby county was worth it, the amount of **** some people give him is baffling. He wants exactly the same thing as all of us, yes, the performances haven't been great, but he pays people to produce performances? Do you think it's reasonable to demand value for money if you have to sign off the wages at the end of the month? Far too many people think their £400 a year season ticket actually pays for anything and that they can give the guy who does finance the club abuse for bad performances. The team may not be doing very well at the minute, but the club is in a fantastic position and that's largely down to one man.

Archived