if i were Mel......

I wonder and hope, is there any chance of a reconciliation between Mel and Nigel?

Both need a little bit of humility it would appear as both have previous for falling out with managers/chairman/owners.

Mel : Steve Mac/Clement/Pearson

Nigel: Leicester etc

I honestly feel Pearson is the right manager for us, proven at this and higher level, lots of experience, known quantity with regards to character and methods. Surely Mel knew the characteristics of Pearson before setting him on.

One aspect of being in business is the ability to work with lots of different characters and individuals. You don't need to like people for them to do there jobs, you need to give them the confidence and framework to do it.

I am grateful for all that Mel has done for derby, we are in such a strong financial and facilities situation.

Mel you must realise not only Pearson's character traits but also your own, is it too much to ask for you both to take a day or two and approach each other with compromise and reconciliation the goal.

I am hoping that if we get past the weekend without contracts being terminated etc., it perhaps signals that compromise/reconciliation is being discussed.

Lets us all hope

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derbados said:

According to talksport just, he had a meeting with Pearson and asked him questions that fans were asking. . . 

i can see why Pearson lost his ****

Same.

Imagine being a football manager and the fan base having more of an idea than you! Imagine how embarrassed you would feel!

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hire a plane to skywrite it above the cardiff stadium? 

|PEARSON SUSPENDED FOR BEING A |BIG FAT SMELLY WILLY, POWELLY IN ~~ |CHARGE, HIS TO LOSE, LOVE, MEL

(No doubt the fact I've done that on my phone will make it look crap on desktop) 

Edit: Yep, looks absolutely *****! 

If NP isn't to be reinstated then Mel can we please have

Someone who doesn't have problems with his behaviour

Someone who doesn't chase the ladies, outside acceptable limits

Someone who doesn't have a drink problem, again outside acceptable limits

Someone who doesn't take illegal payments

Someone who is going to be loyal

All you need to find is a Saint who is also a football managerial, talent spotting genius how hard can that be? :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I wonder and hope, is there any chance of a reconciliation between Mel and Nigel?

Both need a little bit of humility it would appear as both have previous for falling out with managers/chairman/owners.

Mel : Steve Mac/Clement/Pearson

Nigel: Leicester etc

I honestly feel Pearson is the right manager for us, proven at this and higher level, lots of experience, known quantity with regards to character and methods. Surely Mel knew the characteristics of Pearson before setting him on.

One aspect of being in business is the ability to work with lots of different characters and individuals. You don't need to like people for them to do there jobs, you need to give them the confidence and framework to do it.

I am grateful for all that Mel has done for derby, we are in such a strong financial and facilities situation.

Mel you must realise not only Pearson's character traits but also your own, is it too much to ask for you both to take a day or two and approach each other with compromise and reconciliation the goal.

I am hoping that if we get past the weekend without contracts being terminated etc., it perhaps signals that compromise/reconciliation is being discussed.

Lets us all hope

Really not sure where I stand regarding Pearson but suspect you may be in a minority. I reckon it would be difficult to come back from this although none of us really know what actually happened.

Just out of interest, I'm not that familiar with his career, when has NP managed successfully at a higher level than the championship? 

To be a bit more serious, if I were in mels position as owner of dcfc, I would be forcing myself to understand that owning a football is a relatively powerless position: you can only put money in but cannot by force of will or management make things happen faster bigger the way you want in the time frame you want. 

It must be like standing at a fruit machine, you put money in, you get some buttons a levers to push and pull but to a large degree what happens, happens. Be better at the game and put more money in you'll get more results, but it is what it is. 

Also, perhapslearning the difference between strategic leadership of the club and tatical lradership. 

Appointment of the manager and setting the budget are the effective limits of to thechairmans tactical involvement. 

Archived