Why are people blaming Mels choice Pearson .

Curtains

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, eddie said:

I keep hearing "Clement was sacked for non-footballing reasons" from so many people - it's like the worst-kept secret in the world, but with you and I the only non-#ITKers.

It nobody's business why he was sacked, he obviously had to go. There had to be an official reason given and Mel gave the best reason he could under the circumstances. Whatever happened is a private matter. 

Do you really think Mel would've sacked Clement at that point in the season unless he absolutely had to? Especially given our position in the table, his firm comments just months earlier stating the Clement absolutely will not be sacked regardless...

Losing Clement threw a real spanner in the works - it wasn't planned for, it was out of Mel's control and Derby need to recover from that. Which is obviously going to take a while. The whole club has been shaken.

Pearson is here now and it's a bigger job than it looks. He's doing his best, as is Mel. It's just a transition. Let's support the current bosses and look forward.

10 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Everyone seems so wise with hindsight @curtains.

I distinctly remember a forum poll just after the appointment "Are you happy with the appointment of Pearson?" with 90+% voting YES.

9 games later, it seems 90+% want him out and KNEW it was a bad appointment all along!

Complete joke.

The same people calling for Pearson's head will be the very same people who called for Clement's head after 6 games last season and the same people who wouldn't give Wassall a fair chance.

Pearson's biggest mistake was not bringing in more of his own type of player during the summer, whilst shipping out as many as he could.

Pearson in!

Players out!

Incorrect Sir. 

I want Pearson out...his brand of football is just awful and he's lost the dressing room...if he ever had it in the first place. However, I wasn't a fan calling for PC to be sacked last year. So your observation is a massive over-generalisation. 

I suspect MM is of the same opinion as the fans who are in larger and larger numbers now seeing NP for what he is...a somewhat limited and let's be frank, quite flawed character whose "command and control" brand of management went out with WW1 generals. Hie whole approach to football is limited and it is quite clear to lots of people that he and MM have not really communicated in detail about what was required here at Derby...because he is delivering what can only be described as a spectacular failure...from 4th place last season to 3rd bottom in 9 games. It's not jut the League position that is shocking though...it's the total shambles of the play on the pitch...allied with a backwards approach to tactics EG 68 minutes yesterday remove Bryson from midfield who is the ball-winner / feeder in a midfield 2 and bring on Weimann who is a quick runner with comparative little brain and no footballing skills of note. 69th minute we take the lead scoring our first home league goal in 5 games. 73rd minute 1-2 down as the massive disconnect between midfield and our defence is exploited by Emnes and Graham who have now free rein in front of our back 4 without Bryson taking control there. 

Frankly, Sunday League pub teams are run from the touchline with more adroitness than that...we see collectively NP, Chris Powell, Idiakez, Kevin Phillips, the Goalie coach all looking on with their oh so cool spearmint tracksuit tops looking like total fools. 

6 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

I know, and they never answer. It's like one of those weird Facebook campaigns where women post their bra colour and then won't explain it to men in order to cure cancer.

To be fair, no one can actually post any of the rumours that I've heard as they are all libelous and posting them would risk the very future of the forum.

I think it's fair to say that Clement was not sacked because of the results. The side were in a dip, but still in a decent position. To me it looked clear that something had happened to disrupt things on the field. The players looked sullen and sulky - it didn't look like Clement was ever going to get them back. Whether that was caused by a specific incident, Clement's lack of ability/experience or the players being a bunch of fragile, egotistical bottlers, it's impossible to know from the outside. 

I'm not desperate for him to be sacked but I'm really struggling for any positives or signs of encouragement at all?

Wasn't a fan of Wassall as felt he was very naive tactically, caught us out a few times. Wassall was doing a far better job than Pearson is however. Pearson is now blaming the players, just don't see it getting any better!

Vydra, Wilson, bent, Blackman and Weimann is an awful set of strikers. All seem to be quite lightweight, who is going to hold the ball up?

Then we get to the square pegs round holes scenario such as butterfield playing wide midfield. Hughes and Bryson being asked to do a lot of work that is unnatural to them. With a defensive player behind them are free to go and influence the game, as it is at least 50% of their games are based on defending to accommodate another striker in the side. Two up front hasn't benefitted us at all, I have no idea which the best two are even.

Worrying times, I think 0 wins from the next two games and it'll be difficult for him to continue. Last Wassall game was hull away, we were brilliant. Was proud even in defeat, Pearson has turned us into  relegation candidates it seems

Just now, CornwallRam said:

To be fair, no one can actually post any of the rumours that I've heard as they are all libelous and posting them would risk the very future of the forum.

I think it's fair to say that Clement was not sacked because of the results. The side were in a dip, but still in a decent position. To me it looked clear that something had happened to disrupt things on the field. The players looked sullen and sulky - it didn't look like Clement was ever going to get them back. Whether that was caused by a specific incident, Clement's lack of ability/experience or the players being a bunch of fragile, egotistical bottlers, it's impossible to know from the outside. 

Fair enough but then the fact they can't even be said means it's wisest to discount them rather than assume they are gospel. Whatever caused Clement's sacking, we can't be at all sure it wasn't about football, even if it wasn't seemingly about the W-L record.

13 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

He sacked clement mate for non footballing reasons. The majority of the forum yes were for pearson. Now however majority are for him to get the boot. Majority yes not all however. The discontent now is alot louder than when we were 5th sitting 5 points off the top

People should have been more careful as to what they wished for.

Incidentally, for precsely the reasons you stated, I've just gone back and started reading the 'Wassall Out?' thread to cheer me up (it's far less depressing than the actual football). Why do some people never learn?

30 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

So in the history of football you can come up with ONE example of where sacking a manager lead to instant success.

Righto, sack away then.

Chelsea managed to win the champions league doing just that... Southampton moved on doing just that, Norwich did the same and ended up promoted... Plenty of examples of making a change having a positive outcome even to the extent of clough being replaced by mcclaren. Obviously lots of examples where it hasn't gone right either. 

Wouldnt like to be Mel 

13 minutes ago, eddie said:

People should have been more careful as to what they wished for.

Incidentally, for precsely the reasons you stated, I've just gone back and started reading the 'Wassall Out?' thread to cheer me up (it's far less depressing than the actual football). Why do some people never learn?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing as you know. Glad you didnt use any big confusing words in your post this time that i dont understand

59 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Watford also had the benefit of Anya, Abdi,  Vydra, Forestieri & Deeney available to them for a pittance.

Any other examples apart from just Watford?

Not pro-sacking myself but the more interestingly appropriate question is "can anyone think of an example where sacking Nigel Pearson led to immediate success?"

Oh, wait...

Why was clement sacked then?

You cant be liable for defamation of character if its true 

Also if it was true & the same rumour that is on a Watford FC message board and can be found with a quick google search then the media would have been all over it 

32 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Why was clement sacked then?

You cant be liable for defamation of character if its true 

Also if it was true & the same rumour that is on a Watford FC message board and can be found with a quick google search then the media would have been all over it 

If clement was indeed sacked for football reasons and nothing else - then that must be one of the most, stupid and embarrassing things ever to happen to this football club and we deserve relegation.

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Libellous comments will not be tolerated. Please do not post this kind of stuff.

If it's other clubs speculation I can understand, destabilising a rival club-who cares?

But we're supposed to be supporters...

Ok, my bad. Sorry. 

i thought using the prefix 'allegedly' and not using any names was ok. 

Clealry not. Won't do it again.

Archived