Beer Thread

Cisse

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, David said:

Not touched a drop for 6 months now. Not sure if that's impressive or sad.

Its not sad, I have done dry january twice (once through to 14th Feb) but was ready for a beer at the end of it.

6 months is way impressive.

My problem is when I am not drinking alternatives when I go out just dont appeal that much, hate having a soft drink in a pub just doesnt seem right.

I will drink alcohol free beers which are healthier anyway as lower in calories than a normal beer but the choice is very limited and for some reason I am yet to fathom they usually cost more than a normal beer.

38 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

My problem is when I am not drinking alternatives when I go out just dont appeal that much, hate having a soft drink in a pub just doesnt seem right.

That's why I've not stepped foot in a pub either, I'm only a strong willed man when in the house with no alcohol and a 2 mile walk to the shop.

Half a glass of lemonade would have me at the bar for something stronger.

Gut problem why I'm doing it, not a random let's go dry challenge, the pain for the next couple of days isn't worth the few hours enjoyment. 

On 01/06/2017 at 10:12, David said:

That's why I've not stepped foot in a pub either, I'm only a strong willed man when in the house with no alcohol and a 2 mile walk to the shop.

Half a glass of lemonade would have me at the bar for something stronger.

Gut problem why I'm doing it, not a random let's go dry challenge, the pain for the next couple of days isn't worth the few hours enjoyment. 

Are you in the gluten free gang with Boycie?

40 minutes ago, froggg said:

Are you in the gluten free gang with Boycie?

I prefer not to be used in a sentence with that thing but maybe, depends if you're going to take the piss or not.