Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

DEL

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not all bad,look at it from the players prospective,

Nice shower,get changed prob into exclusive designer wear.

Drive home,probably in executive desirable car costing more than you earn in 4 years

Arrive home in a house that you only see in posh magazines

Get pampered by some knock out looking wag.

Relax in luxury pad without a care in the world watching your 172 inch plasma ,waiting for a decent takeout to be russelled up hopeing  the delivery guy dont recognise you in case he spits in your food.

3 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Drive home,probably in executive desirable car costing more than you earn in 4 years

Relax in luxury pad without a care in the world watching your 172 inch plasma ,waiting for a decent takeout to be russelled up hopeing  the delivery guy dont recognise you in case he spits in your food.

Have you ever played sport?

Yes, the players have a very nice life style. But you're an idiot if you think they don't care about losing.

6 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

If you want all of that, get yourself to the absolute elite level of a world-dominant entertainment industry. Nonsense post. 

35 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Regardless of NP's ability ,to concede straight after taking the lead is down to lack of application and mental toughness from the players .

It was also almost immediately after Pearson took off our 'holding midfielder' and put on another winger. Which is starting to become a pattern now.

31 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Maybe, but that's not something you would've be necessarily or easily said about those players before Pearson arrived.

and that's with Clough, Mac, Clement and Wass.

Did you watch any of the second half of Macs season, any of Clements season or any of Wassalls games? This group of players have been unreliable and weak minded for a while -if Thorne isn't playing we seem to have zero leaders on the pitch.

I was one of the people willing to give Nigel time, but even my patience is getting mighty thin now - I will give him Cardiff to change my mind, but if we don't win... However having said that I have no idea who would replace him and nor am I convinced that a new manager could eliminate the weak character of this squad that has plagued us for so long now.

Overall I didnt think we played horrendously and we scored at home and took the lead we should have pushed on from there but we were so open after we scored and within minutes the fragile confidence of this team was blown to bits. Troubling time ahead but I we should still have hope, although it is waning thin.

Carson - 4 - His distribution is still bad. Mtichell in please.

Ollsson - 5 - Tries hard enough but he is half the player Fozzy is

Pearce - 3 - Hopeless in the air at fault for the Penalty and both blackburn goals sooner Shackell is back the better

Keogh - 5 - Reads the game well but Pearce left him woefully exposed time after time

Christie - 6 - Our main outlet the whole game

Butterfield - 6 - Looked solid I just wish he would get his head up and pass the damn ball

Bryson - 5 - Not made for a 2 man midfield far to dimunutive workrate is still a plus though

Hughes - 6 - No space to play but overall played well

Anya - 7 - Caused them trouble all game unlucky to be ruled offside for his goal

Bent - 7 - Clearly been working on his heading, offered an outlet all game, cant fault his workrate unlucky to be subbed

Vydra - 6 - Took his goal really well but could easily have had a hattrick today

-------

Wiemann - 5 - Ran around a bit that was about it.

Blackman - 3 - The man is stealing a living. How we have him and not Martin at this club is a disgrace

Ince - 4 - Came on in difficult circumstances but did very little. Good tracking back at the last though to prevent a 3rd goal

4 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

If come 5pm it transpires that Bent has had a stinker as predicted by many then I'll hold my hands up but lets just give him the benefit of the doubt just for one last time and wait and see what happens. I just think we need a presence up there for Anya to aim at.

Hands well and truly held up. Bent shouldn't start a game of football for this club ever again IMO. No more chances.

Where do you start with that. Tactically non existent, no shape, no style, no passion. Worst performance since the  Paul Jewell days, I'm sure NP will turn it around but it's going to be along hard season........or is it, can we do a Palace like a few years ago, steam into the play offs late doors. That was I'm hanging onto COYR 

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

We weren't scoring goals for fun when we went from automatic contenders to out of the playoffs.

9 games 3 goals 2016 season wake up man at least we scored more gols with maca under np we won't be in the championship if it carry on also remember maca first seaso we were in the playoffs

Just seen his interview on rams player. 

Its not very encouraging. Play A is not working, the players must try harder to make plan A work. Im not interested in tactics. 

OK, to an extent, but why, oh why, are they failing at plan A? 

The team out there, motivated and confidant should be enough to be a decent side in this division. 

22 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Did you watch any of the second half of Macs season, any of Clements season or any of Wassalls games? This group of players have been unreliable and weak minded for a while -if Thorne isn't playing we seem to have zero leaders on the pitch.

If you go through those seasons, the games where we struggled to play through the holding midfielder, into midfield and into martins feet were the games we struggled overall in.  Either because of injury or because the opposition managed to stop us doing that.  We end up going long, losing the ball and getting countered on.  At no point did we ever really try to fix that issue - either by getting decent cover in for injuries, or figuring out an alternative way to play.  It's not lack of leaders, or desire, or workrate, it's a tactical issue IMO. 

What Pearson has done, is to say we're not going to play through midfield into the strikers feet ever, and now we're struggling in every single game.  We are literally engineering the situation we struggle most in.

Archived