Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

DEL

Hope some one of influence reads this thread becouse the club need to wake up and make some dramatic changes with emediate effect.

Mel might have concerns with regards wasting millions on poor signing,but if he isnt careful his entire investment could look very sorry if performances dont improve.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson- poor again

christie - only one trying to cross but did it badly

keogh- poor

pearce - poor

olson - poor 

butterfield- slow and basically poor had a decent effort but that is it

hughes- poor

bryson - average, when he went off we were defensively non existent in midfield

anya - runs around but crossing is very poor for a winger please don't tell me he is better than ward/Russell/Dawkins

Bent - well over the hill but ok if he was a five minute sub

Vydra - nice goal could have had a couple more, needs a real partner with him

Subs- no real impact

manager - he has installed no system what so ever apart from being wide open in a midfield two and no one to hold the football and pass it offensively 

DCFC Baordroom..

Mel - Sam..

Sam - Yes, Mel..

Mel - what we gonna do bruv?

Sam - Dunno mate. We're buggered. 26k here and booing. 

Mel - I've been on my Football Manager game on the PC and we should be romping this. I've gone on the Internet and when I typed The Derby Way, it came up as a comedy sketch. 

Sam - Should we have a word with Nigel?

Mel - Bugger that, he went mad when I asked him if Darren could play.. I ain't going near him.

Sam - Okay I will do it but if he looks at me with those devil eyes, I'm out.

Mel - Poxy Cardiff next, bleedin taffs are gonna beat us. Perhaps Darren could drive the coach?

Sam - I would not trust Darren as a coach, sorry with a coach.

Mel - Okay, we wait until he is In a good mood and then we cut the pack to see who does it.. 

Sam - Milk and sugar?

Ok the performance and result were completely unacceptable in every way... Let me think of positives. Well we scored a goal and a good one at that. Vydra seemed to spark after that and he seems pretty good in the air when attacking the goal. Also we had the ball in the net , again after Anya was wrongly ruled offside IMO.  I wil deal with the negatives when I've calmed down.

This is naive management. It's been clear since day 1 that 442 does not work with these players. It leaves too many holes in midfield. This is patently obvious. So why be surprised that we keep getting the same result? Surely he should have changed it.

Pulis said today that all he does at every club is work out what system suits the players then motivate the **** out of them. Why isn't NP doing this? Is he just stubborn? Or deluded?

2 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Regardless of NP's ability ,to concede straight after taking the lead is down to lack of application and mental toughness from the players .

Maybe, but that's not something you would've be necessarily or easily said about those players before Pearson arrived.

and that's with Clough, Mac, Clement and Wass.

5 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Maybe, but that's not something you would've be necessarily or easily said about those players before Pearson arrived.

and that's with Clough, Mac, Clement and Wass.

I would, we have a propensity  to not turn up for games ,Reading at Home Hull at home etc etc ..When it mattered we went walkabouts.

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Regardless of NP's ability ,to concede straight after taking the lead is down to lack of application and mental toughness from the players .

WE don't have many mentally tough players - this is maybe our biggest problem. Bucko was tough, Hendrick and Martin less so but we've signed some very flakey players - Ince, Bent, Blackman, Camara, maybe Wilson, to add to some less than solid characters - Christie, Shakell, Keogh. We really only have Hughes, Thorne and Bryson who keep their heads up, don't lose the plot and keep fighting.

Archived