Who remembers when....

Mostyn6

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

What is the record?

25 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I feel like there have been a couple over 100, one of mine I believe.

No post in the database is over 100 in likes, had to do a SQL database check, for some reason it's not possible directly on the forum. 

Anyway, Mostyn's now holds the record unfortunately. Shouldn't be too hard to beat, this is Mostyn.

In joint 2nd is myself of course and ilkeyram. Seems to be a common theme with these top liked posts, see if you can spot it. Still fairly relevant to this day which is a shame.

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

The opening post deservedly has a lot of likes and should have a lot more, we have a good owner who WILL get it right.

There's no guarantees he'll get it right but he doesn't deserve the level of mud being chucked his way.

I knew that there was some criticism of MM’s managerial appointments but I really wasn’t aware of any kind of serious or significant anti-Mel faction among the fans.

Then I read this thread and now realise such people must be everywhere. Quite possibly lurking in my shed. I intend to join others in rooting out these ignorant fans to make sure they eat fewer sweets and drink less fizzy pop before they post.

10 minutes ago, ramesses said:

I knew that there was some criticism of MM’s managerial appointments but I really wasn’t aware of any kind of serious or significant anti-Mel faction among the fans.

Then I read this thread and now realise such people must be everywhere. Quite possibly lurking in my shed. I intend to join others in rooting out these ignorant fans to make sure they eat fewer sweets and drink less fizzy pop before they post.

I don't drink fizzy pop. 

41 minutes ago, ramesses said:

Correct use of less and fewer..... I like it!! :)

Dear oh dear Moslyn 6,what a sob story the three amigos    --,Maxwell brings a tear to my eyes,, the dark days

Do you think this has any thing to do with the present..Mel Morris brought this club and spent millions to move forward.

He now thinks Pearson-Powell,and their coaches will improve the playing side of the club,and any judgement made

Should be at the end of the season  .Mel Morris is our owner and  good luck to him

I agree with your post, you can see from posts i write (which arn't numerous) i am one who is grateful for MM, i am not in a rush for glory, i buy into MM his desire to see home grown talent in our team when we are in the prem, and academy that attracts talent that can aspire to that. I am fearful of the effect the short sighted, boo boy supporters with no memory of the history have, and those who wouldn't be happy and flood this forum with vitriol if we lost in the final of the champions league :pinch:

But sadly your post nor any others will change that type of individual, every club has them and they just have to be viewed with the appropriate contempt

1 hour ago, nfb said:

I agree with your post, you can see from posts i write (which arn't numerous) i am one who is grateful for MM, i am not in a rush for glory, i buy into MM his desire to see home grown talent in our team when we are in the prem, and academy that attracts talent that can aspire to that. I am fearful of the effect the short sighted, boo boy supporters with no memory of the history have, and those who wouldn't be happy and flood this forum with vitriol if we lost in the final of the champions league :pinch:

But sadly your post nor any others will change that type of individual, every club has them and they just have to be viewed with the appropriate contempt

Pretty patronising. I've got my reasons of why I've dislike how the club is being run currently. I've shared them time and time again.

I don't get the history aspect of everyone's argument. We are living in the moment. 

10 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Pretty patronising. I've got my reasons of why I've dislike how the club is being run currently. I've shared them time and time again.

I don't get the history aspect of everyone's argument. We are living in the moment. 

But the moment is a running moment, so how can you know when to pin point when to take a snapshot opinion.

On 18 September 2016 at 21:39, Mafiabob said:

Interesting point of view ,, by that token then the future has little relevance either so why plan for it ? Improvement means nothing also as the past has no bearing ,, it's an easy get out to dismiss any comparisons with how our club has been run in the past and just say you don't like how it's being run now ,, all things are relative and what Mel is doing is far far better than what we have suffered for a lot of our past and indeed what other clubs are suffering at present ,, fair enough it's your perogative to dislike how the clubs being run but you are having to totally ignore a lot of logical argument to maintain that position , it certainly appears on your comments on the forum that you have more of a problem with Mel Morris than you do with his actual running of the club ,,, of course I may be wrong but that's honestly how it's coming across from where I'm sitting

However you slice it and whatever anybody thinks of Lionel in other aspects of life for me he will always be regarded as a legendary ram ,,, rip Lionel p a true black and white to the core ram

• 3 years later...

Archived