Who remembers when....

Mostyn6

On 14/09/2016 at 23:05, cannable said:

What's frustrates me is the whole sacking Clement for changing too much, appointing Wassall to try and reel things back in again only to appoint a manager who has seemingly been given the liscence to rip it up. 

Why? Seemingly because a bunch of retards accused him of not wanting promotion. It's set us back in the medium term.

Long term he'll be great. I don't really need to say anything about his investment in the academy and training ground do I? His 'Own the Region' initiative is hugely exciting. It's very similar to what West Bron do - however as opposed to funding local teams like him we'll just be providing them with free coaching. I really like his idea of having the youth teams attend a pre-season with the first team. The only problem I have is that - with the liscence being given to change the first team's style of play what of the knock on effects on the academy? They were all supposed to emulate the first team. 

The academy will be his legacy. 

Visionary 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm paraphrasing but:

Anyone who wants to own a football club should be disqualified on grounds of insanity!

Want to turn a fortune into a smaller one, buy a club!

I have never met Mr Morris so have no idea what drives him, but I'd love to know what he gets out of owning DCFC apart from l load of grief.

Although we are no closer to getting in the PL than we were under GSE, the period under Mr Morris has been generally entertaining, both on and off the field of play. Often hear fans saying 'never a dull moment supporting Derby' and that's certainly been the case, over the past 7yrs or so. In sport there are fine lines between success and failure. Lady luck was against for a crucial few seconds of madness in the play off final against QPR. For all we know we might have been bouncing to and fro between the PL and Ch'ship if we had won. Or would we have established ourselves like Burnley? Who knows? ....but it's the drama that keeps us interested, engaged and posting on this superb forum. 

12 hours ago, europia said:

Although we are no closer to getting in the PL than we were under GSE, the period under Mr Morris has been generally entertaining, both on and off the field of play. Often hear fans saying 'never a dull moment supporting Derby' and that's certainly been the case, over the past 37 years or so. In sport there are fine lines between success and failure. Lady luck was against for a crucial few seconds of madness in the play off final against QPR. For all we know we might have been bouncing to and fro between the PL and Ch'ship if we had won. Or would we have established ourselves like Burnley? Who knows? ....but it's the drama that keeps us interested, engaged and posting on this superb forum. 

FTFY

Archived