Complete rebuild? Hardly.

Srg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not rebuild yet but some serious slimming down. We got rid of 13 players if youth team and those who were already loaned out are counted too. In came 4 from other clubs + 2 were promoted from youngster. So overall seven players less

It's bizarre, we seem to have complete rebuilt our style of football without rebuilding the playing staff. I guess Pearson knows whether the players can adapt to his style better than anyone on here- although I'm not sure what that style is based on what we've seen so far! I just hope the players are capable of doing what Pearson wants

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

It's bizarre, we seem to have complete rebuilt our style of football without rebuilding the playing staff. I guess Pearson knows whether the players can adapt to his style better than anyone on here- although I'm not sure what that style is based on what we've seen so far! I just hope the players are capable of doing what Pearson wants

Dont know if other players were wanted or required that we couldnt get during this window.

See what happens ,but expect a few more players to be departing and a few more coming in.

2 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Dont know if other players were wanted or required that we couldnt get during this window.

See what happens ,but expect a few more players to be departing and a few more coming in.

I think we must have missed out on a number of targets, I would expect a busy January if results don't pick up

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I think we must have missed out on a number of targets, I would expect a busy January if results don't pick up

Totally agree,certainly missing on proven quality.would have liked to see players coming in that are proven and capable of premiership football

Have faith in Np for the time being though,need to give the guy a fair crack of the whip and if his signings do the business for us we will have bought very well.

6 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Totally agree,certainly missing on proven quality.would have liked to see players coming in that are proven and capable of premiership football

Have faith in Np for the time being though,need to give the guy a fair crack of the whip and if his signings do the business for us we will have bought very well.

Agree it's too early to judge anything yet, the lack of signings is certainly a real concern tho- I just hope it was Pearson who felt he had enough of a team to achieve our goals

Well the style we're playing and the systems he's trying to fit our players into points to a rebuild to me. 

He's going to find he needs new players to do some of the stuff he's asking our lot to do if we are to be a success. 

Either he changes or our players do or they are replaced. I think it's going to be a very different team over the next 12-18 months. 

16 hours ago, Srg said:

CrWHz5CUMAANcJj.jpg

Sorry mate. Mute point. NP has completely changed our style of playing and formation. The squad is more geared to a 4-3-3 apart from the players that were brought in for our failed "plan B" attempt. 

If NP persists with his formation and tactics then a rebuild will be required and the sale of Martin is a good indication that this is happening. I think a good bid for Will Hughes would have seen him go as well. 

5 hours ago, JaguarRam said:

Sorry mate. Mute point. NP has completely changed our style of playing and formation. The squad is more geared to a 4-3-3 apart from the players that were brought in for our failed "plan B" attempt. 

If NP persists with his formation and tactics then a rebuild will be required and the sale of Martin is a good indication that this is happening. I think a good bid for Will Hughes would have seen him go as well. 

Would like to point out that in our last 2 games we played 433 or close variations of this (4141). 

31 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Would like to point out that in our last 2 games we played 433 or close variations of this (4141). 

4-1-4-1 is not 4-3-3 and we have played very deep and isolated Martin. Hughes has not been the forward positions he was playing in previously and been in defensive positions most of the time.

3 hours ago, JaguarRam said:

4-1-4-1 is not 4-3-3 and we have played very deep and isolated Martin. Hughes has not been the forward positions he was playing in previously and been in defensive positions most of the time.

4141 is actually very much like how we played in 433 when we didn't have the ball... Our wide forwards become midfielders essentially when tracking back. 

Also hughes was played deep in the midfield 3 by other managers when Thorne was injured and did an admirable job there. Realistically there is enough talent in Ince, Butterfield etc further up that we should be able to play Hughes further back and still create.

Formations are total *****. It's about systems. It's naive as to believe that systems don't matter.

Of course our players can play in other systems - but what other system is going to allow Bryson to run in behind at will? What other system is going to allow Hughes to run the game from the channels? Is them both playing deep really going to make the most of their skill set? 

Ince needs a licence to roam in the final third, to pick the ball up in space or to get into goal scoring positions - will playing him as a conventional winger get the best out of him? 

Our players can play in other systems… but the one we used was the most balanced and allowed everybody to play to their strengths as somebody was covering their weaknesses.

Pace was needed in the team, and pace was added, very good signings where made, players who will get us all off our seats, looking forward to seeing how Vydra, Anya and Wilson transform us into a winning team again. In Pearon and the management team I trust. Once a ram always a ram.

30 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Pace was needed in the team, and pace was added, very good signings where made, players who will get us all off our seats, looking forward to seeing how Vydra, Anya and Wilson transform us into a winning team again. In Pearon and the management team I trust. Once a ram always a ram.

Whilst I don't disagree that we've been in dire need of some extra pace,  I'm slightly wary of buyiing players for pace alone. You can have all the pace in the world, but pace is useless if you have trouble controlling the football (a la Theo Robinson/Conor Sammon).

It remains to be seen if the players Pearson have brought in can do both, but at the moment to my uneducated eyes it looks as if controlling a football has suddenly become secondary to being able to run fast.

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Whilst I don't disagree that we've been in dire need of some extra pace,  I'm slightly wary of buyiing players for pace alone. You can have all the pace in the world, but pace is useless if you have trouble controlling the football (a la Theo Robinson/Conor Sammon).

It remains to be seen if the players Pearson have brought in can do both, but at the moment to my uneducated eyes it looks as if controlling a football has suddenly become secondary to being able to run fast.

It's not only pace though, Anya, works hard, and also takes people on , and puts the ball in the box, Vydra, runs at people and makes things happen, Wilson can hold the ball well , pass and move, and also has a eye for goal, I am genuinely, looking forward to seeing these players, perform for us.

Archived