Complete rebuild? Hardly.

Srg

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

It's not only pace though, Anya, works hard, and also takes people on , and puts the ball in the box, Vydra, runs at people and makes things happen, Wilson can hold the ball well , pass and move, and also has a eye for goal, I am genuinely, looking forward to seeing these players, perform for us.

I'm also looking forward to seeing them play, to seeing something different. But having seen what seems like thousands of hardworking and pacey players that have come through our doors over the years, it is very telling that the best striker I've seen was the lazy one who couldn't run very fast, but actually knew how to control a football.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'm also looking forward to seeing them play, to seeing something different. But having seen what seems like thousands of hardworking and pacey players that have come through our doors over the years, it is very telling that the best striker I've seen was the lazy one who couldn't run very fast, but actually knew how to control a football.

I sometimes wonder if many fans need to watch some athletics to make them realise that's what they actually like. Or Greyhounds. 

Infact I'd say Greyhounds are hugely passionate about their sport and show great effort and desire

At the other end of the scale you've got dart players. Stand around looking disinterested. 

My ideal front 3 would be

Bolt, Harley my dog, Farah.

I can't see how we'd ever lose a game of football with such pace, energy and determination

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Would like to point out that in our last 2 games we played 433 or close variations of this (4141). 

Yeah it may be 433. But it was flat lines. Flat lines with huge gap between the midfield and the forwards. With Russell playing some weird inside forward, central winger position that doesn't exist. 

433 is just to illustrate on paper where you're likely to find players. The shape is what matters 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I sometimes wonder if many fans need to watch some athletics to make them realise that's what they actually like. Or Greyhounds. 

Infact I'd say Greyhounds are hugely passionate about their sport and show great effort and desire

At the other end of the scale you've got dart players. Stand around looking disinterested. 

My ideal front 3 would be

Bolt, Harley my dog, Farah.

I can't see how we'd ever lose a game of football with such pace, energy and determination

You might be onto something here, but we'll never get Bolt. He is ManU bound...

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2015/Nov/video-of-usain-bolt-telling-andy-goldstein-on-mutv-he-wants-a-trial-with-manchester-united.aspx

Usain Bolt: Why I could play for United

Usain Bolt, the world's fastest athlete, restates his belief he could play for Manchester United during this week's edition of Goldstein’s Celebrity Reds on MUTV.

Sports broadcaster Andy Goldstein conducts an exclusive interview with the legendary Jamaican sprinter, who famously won gold medals at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics in Beijing and London respectively.

When talking about his love for United and his first visit to Old Trafford, Bolt reveals how he once discussed the idea of a trial with former boss Sir Alex Ferguson and admits he still hopes to take up that offer.

Bolt tells Goldstein: “In my mind I think I should do a trial and see if they would say ‘Alright, come on in’ or if they would say ‘No, you are not any good’. I think I would be pretty good because I am fit, I am quick, I can control the ball and I understand all of the play.

“So I think if I do a trial then they would say, 'You know what, here is a contract for five years! You are 30 years old, here's a five-year contract. Let's just do it!’”

The Usain Bolt edition of Goldstein's Celebrity Reds will be on MUTV for the first time at 21:00 GMT on Thursday 19 November with further chances to see it on Friday (19:30) and Saturday (00:30, 16:00).

6 hours ago, cannable said:

Formations are total *****. It's about systems. It's naive as to believe that systems don't matter.

Of course our players can play in other systems - but what other system is going to allow Bryson to run in behind at will? What other system is going to allow Hughes to run the game from the channels? Is them both playing deep really going to make the most of their skill set? 

Ince needs a licence to roam in the final third, to pick the ball up in space or to get into goal scoring positions - will playing him as a conventional winger get the best out of him? 

Our players can play in other systems… but the one we used was the most balanced and allowed everybody to play to their strengths as somebody was covering their weaknesses.

With you on all that particularly Hughes and Bryson.

Ince though, whether he is roaming, on the wing or wherever, he's frustratingly inconsistent and far too ineffective. he was roaming against Burton but roamed into brick walls. I'd love him to succeed but he's one of those luxury players who seems to do well when the tam does well. he has skill but generally has only excelled in cameo's when we have needed his spark, like the Leeds away game last year.

Wonder if he will ever really suit Pearson, think he will have the biggest point to prove between now and end of the season.

15 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

All true, I was hoping to see Martin and Vydra combine, I was hoping it would similar to the Goddard Saunders effect we had back in the big league, Saunders put the ball in the net but Goddard was key to the ball getting to him, memories ! 

Archived