I think it's time for a Rush/ Morris Q and A

WestLondonRam

At the end of the day MM owns the club. It is his train set.

I am glad he is ... he hasn't suddenly decided we should play in red or sits on a throne at home games.

I remember following the last summer transfer window on the BBC feeds when Butterfield etc came in, they were all poised for some big flash signing to sweep into the top of the premiership, and then kept messaging that Derby had spent another heap of cash. I loved it.

He has appointed an experienced and well respected manager, who is getting a lot of quiet plaudits for laying the foundations for Leicester's amazing success last year.

He has just splashed out again on two exciting attacking players, breaking our transfer record with Vydra. I remember Chris Weale's heroics for Yeovil. Its all good.

If I was playing xbox 'Owner Football Club 16', I don't think I'd have made many different moves from what MM has done. (Apart from free beer, £10 tickets).

Its early days and these changes are positive. At a match soon there will be a very loud click as everything falls into place and we will give someone a real tonking. Then the march will begin.

COYR

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

At the end of the day MM owns the club. It is his train set.

I am glad he is ... he hasn't suddenly decided we should play in red or sits on a throne at home games.

I remember following the last summer transfer window on the BBC feeds when Butterfield etc came in, they were all poised for some big flash signing to sweep into the top of the premiership, and then kept messaging that Derby had spent another heap of cash. I loved it.

He has appointed an experienced and well respected manager, who is getting a lot of quiet plaudits for laying the foundations for Leicester's amazing success last year.

He has just splashed out again on two exciting attacking players, breaking our transfer record with Vydra. I remember Chris Weale's heroics for Yeovil. Its all good.

If I was playing xbox 'Owner Football Club 16', I don't think I'd have made many different moves from what MM has done. (Apart from free beer, £10 tickets).

Its early days and these changes are positive. At a match soon there will be a very loud click as everything falls into place and we will give someone a real tonking. Then the march will begin.

COYR

I wouldn't mind him splashing the cash if our recruitment team weren't so inept as to wasting it and actually making us a worse side.

His "no excuses" policy was odd - spending the best part of £5,000,000 potentially on players only to sack the manager a month later.

Pity we did not have the Internet when Maxwell was in the top seat.  

Dont worry, he has the club at heart, he will pull it round, how dare anyone question his decisions. Would have been white hot on here. Blind faith can be a dangerous thing, he has to be accountable to someone and that is us.

I am not for a Q&A, not really winnable but the club does need to communicate. 

The club needs to find a way of communicating properly, not just when things are good. It's a tough call on how best to do that. I am no lover of Mel Morris, a lot of our problems today are a direct result of his poor decisions since he came here. However it must be difficult being the Anti-Christ and God at the same time.. 

I will ill be in Starbucks for a Q&A pre Newcastle.

17 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Dont worry, he has the club at heart, he will pull it round, how dare anyone question his decisions. Would have been white hot on here. Blind faith can be a dangerous thing, he has to be accountable to someone and that is us.

The club needs to find a way of communicating properly, not just when things are good. It's a tough call on how best to do that. I am no lover of Mel Morris, a lot of our problems today are a direct result of his poor decisions since he came here. However it must be difficult being the Anti-Christ and God at the same time.. 

Happy with Wilson, Vydra and Anya me. Wasn't sorry to see Martin go, but l thought I might miss his mardy, snarling manner. But looks like you have been re-signed. Welcome home Angry.

9 hours ago, cannable said:

If you think the concerns being raised are results related the I suggest you read them in much greater depth.

Not interested tbh, what is done is done, I'm more interested to see what happens on the pitch going forward, and I don't see the need for a q & a for someone to tell me the direction of the club is to get promoted, however there are 22 other clubs with the same ambition which make it slightly more difficult than CM where you can create a save point and rectify your mistakes....

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Happy with Wilson, Vydra and Anya me. Wasn't sorry to see Martin go, but l thought I might miss his mardy, snarling manner. But looks like you have been re-signed. Welcome home Angry.

Nice to be back, I've got yer back if the northern folk get out of line.

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Hindsight? What's wrong with saying it's odd to spend that much money only to sack the manager a month later?

you go into any industry, investment and personnel are not linked.

If Toyota went and invested millions on some sort of robotic machinery, it doesn't mean they wouldn't dismiss an employee for misconduct or poor performance.

Nothing 'odd' at all.

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

He is not accountable to us, we are just noise in the background. He could move the club to Dubai if he wanted.

Sorry if my post seemed like blind faith, but its my view on the current situation. I feel very positive about the general set up right now. Emotionally I'll have nowhere to go if it genuinely all goes to rat ****, if I start from a position of what I think is unnecessarily negative which I think a lot of the posts on this thread are.

I had a boss once who used to say "what if it all goes right?" (rather than wrong). I try and be a glass half full. The woman at the bar keeps winking at me, I won't accept she has just lost a contact lens.

:D:D:D

10 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

He is not accountable to us, we are just noise in the background. He could move the club to Dubai if he wanted.

Sorry if my post seemed like blind faith, but its my view on the current situation. I feel very positive about the general set up right now. Emotionally I'll have nowhere to go if it genuinely all goes to rat ****, if I start from a position of what I think is unnecessarily negative which I think a lot of the posts on this thread are.

I had a boss once who used to say "what if it all goes right?" (rather than wrong). I try and be a glass half full. The woman at the bar keeps winking at me, I won't accept she has just lost a contact lens.

:D:D:D

My post was not aimed at you... There are some who can see no wrong and seem to think that because he has money he has never made a bad decision.  Oh and he is local, which seems to be a big deal.

I disagree though, he currently owns our club and a football club is an emotional thing.. He knew that when he payed the money and that is part of the deal. He is answerable to his customers ( as football fans seem to be now ).

He has no real checks and balances in his current position. It is down to us, the supporters, to provide those and ask questions. Of course he does not have to tell us when he buys a bog roll but I respect fans rights to ask questions over transfer policy etc. They won't always get the answers they want but they should be able to ask.

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

My post was not aimed at you... There are some who can see no wrong and seem to think that because he has money he has never made a bad decision.  Oh and he is local, which seems to be a big deal.

I disagree though, he currently owns our club and a football club is an emotional thing.. He knew that when he payed the money and that is part of the deal. He is answerable to his customers ( as football fans seem to be now ).

He has no real checks and balances in his current position. It is down to us, the supporters, to provide those and ask questions. Of course he does not have to tell us when he buys a bog roll but I respect fans rights to ask questions over transfer policy etc. They won't always get the answers they want but they should be able to ask.

Football without emotion would be dead, and better communication is needed. I suspect MM is wary now after the whole 'Derby way' thing (too much communication, and all a bit abstract) and PC's sacking; but he seems to be nudging the club in the right direction.

As for you its too late, I am sat here rocking backwards and forwards humming as I write your name in my little book of enemies.:thumbsup::D

It's easy for the club to hold Q&As when things are going well. I once did a long report for the forum on one, lost in the mists of time somewhere. Even then, what frustrated me then was the endless moaning and tirade of Clough questions. I'd stopped going under Clough because it was just so goddam depressing and there was no hope. Oh for those heady days under McClaren, but as Rams fans we're well aware of the club's capacity for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Are things going badly now? No. We've only played five league games under a brand new manager. I couldn't stand sitting through a Q&A at the moment with everyone lambasting the guy who's only just got here for every ill of the club. We have to wait and see how it's going to pan out. Sit back and enjoy (or not) the ride, guys.

Prior to Pearson I'm endlessly frustrated by the missed opportunities and would love to question the club and personnel from them about why they did the stupid things they did (Mel going into the dressing room, Wassall playing Thorne against Ipswich, etc) but what's done is done and I expect/hope they're just as sorry as I am about their actions. It achieves nothing and you can't turn the clock back. We look forward.

The club is consulting fans over the new website. We have a good twitter feed. There's an email that comes into my in-box every week that I delete but I presume is full of news. I had a problem with some of the club technology earlier in the season via an external contractor but it got sorted quickly when I involved Jake's brother Jed who's the Supporter Liaison Officer and who was very helpful. Pearson always gives good post-match interviews. Ramsplayer is full of extra features. Really, I'd say the club does a good job of communicating with the fans. I'd rather they spent any spare time they had doing stuff to improve performances on the pitch.

Yeah great idea. I'll field the first question to Mel:

"Mel, could you please inform us why you are spending a lot of your money on DCFC? There are some fans who don't like it and think that it's a bad idea. Could you please phone Broadmoor and see if the three Amigos would be interested in taking the project back on?".

I don't like the idea that because Mel has invested so much money, that fans have no right to complain. Fair enough, if you think he's doing a good job, but some disagree, and it's dangerous thinking to say that fans concerns should be shrugged off with a shiny new record signing.

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I don't like the idea that because Mel has invested so much money, that fans have no right to complain. Fair enough, if you think he's doing a good job, but some disagree, and it's dangerous thinking to say that fans concerns should be shrugged off with a shiny new record signing.

complain? 

what exactly is to complain about? You'd be a muppet to complain about performances under the new manager as it should be a work in progress, only a Leeds chairman would be complaining this early.

Signings? Well ALL clubs make duff signings. Why should we be any different? and why is it Mel's fault? Or have you been bankrolling signings on the quiet.

If anything, MEL should be complaining about the whingeing fans.

14 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Yeah great idea. I'll field the first question to Mel:

"Mel, could you please inform us why you are spending a lot of your money on DCFC? There are some fans who don't like it and think that it's a bad idea. Could you please phone Broadmoor and see if the three Amigos would be interested in taking the project back on?".

Why should him spending money not be questioned?

It pretty much destroyed the close knit team spirit that had been built up during the Clough years.

Now I'm certainly not complaining about a chairman backing his manager but I see no harm in asking a question about what he think it does to team spirit.

Archived