I think it's time for a Rush/ Morris Q and A

WestLondonRam

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

complain? 

what exactly is to complain about? You'd be a muppet to complain about performances under the new manager as it should be a work in progress, only a Leeds chairman would be complaining this early.

Signings? Well ALL clubs make duff signings. Why should we be any different? and why is it Mel's fault? Or have you been bankrolling signings on the quiet.

If anything, MEL should be complaining about the whingeing fans.

Really? 

Have you not been reading much on here the past month or so? 

It's the U-Turn in terms of the club's direction which is concerning fans…

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why should him spending money not be questioned?

It pretty much destroyed the close knit team spirit that had been built up during the Clough years.

Now I'm certainly not complaining about a chairman backing his manager but I see no harm in asking a question about what he think it does to team spirit.

well, that begs the question, "where's the value in close knit team spirit?". It's been about as useful as Connor Sammon's workrate in bringing success, so why is it important?

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Really? 

Have you not been reading much on here the past month or so? 

It's the U-Turn in terms of the club's direction which is concerning fans…

but nobody wanted that direction, everyone mocked it and criticised the Derby way, So why question it?

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

well, that begs the question, "where's the value in close knit team spirit?". It's been about as useful as Connor Sammon's workrate in bringing success, so why is it important?

You really think that?

On that basis everything we have been doing in the last 7 or 8 years should be changed because it had brought us no success?

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You really think that?

On that basis everything we have been doing in the last 7 or 8 years should be changed because it had brought us no success?

would you say Pearson's Leicester team that got promoted and has a storming end to their PL season had a good team spirit? Better than the team spirit under NC? or even SM? surely better than under PC?

I would go as far as to suggest that team spirit wasn't as good as people think it was. Even under SM there wasn't something right. NC was a bully and broke a few spirits in the squad. PC was a teacher and alienated.

I think this move could be more about improving the team mentality and you've been duped into thinking one was already present and effective.

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

would you say Pearson's Leicester team that got promoted and has a storming end to their PL season had a good team spirit? Better than the team spirit under NC? or even SM? surely better than under PC?

I would go as far as to suggest that team spirit wasn't as good as people think it was. Even under SM there wasn't something right. NC was a bully and broke a few spirits in the squad. PC was a teacher and alienated.

I think this move could be more about improving the team mentality and you've been duped into thinking one was already present and effective.

You'll not be surprised to know I won't let that slide.

All that ******** about him being a bully, why do players go back to play for him time and again?

Surely of all players to go back and play for him Bywater signing again should have put an end to that rumour?

Who's spirit did he break?

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

All that ******** about him being a bully, why do players go back to play for him time and again?

Surely of all players to go back and play for him Bywater signing again should have put an end to that rumour?

Mine.

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I have no idea because I don't watch Leicester.

I do watch Derby and it is evident that the team spirit that existed in the SM season is not here anymore and hasn't really been since PC was in charge. Not sure who is supposed to have duped me, just going on what I see with my own eyes.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have no idea because I don't watch Leicester.

I do watch Derby and it is evident that the team spirit that existed in the SM season is not here anymore and hasn't really been since PC was in charge. Not sure who is supposed to have duped me, just going on what I see with my own eyes.

so when are you saying that the team spirit went? who are you blaming for it? I'm pretty sure that McClaren's treatment of Buxton didn't go down very well and crushed some team spirit too.

9 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

well that's the thing about bullying. Not everyone is a victim. I'd say those not feeling bullied by him never had the chance to go back and play from him. Again, may just be players trouble causing by saying it, out of bitterness. But not everything was sunshine and lollipops under NC (or any other manager)

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

so when are you saying that the team spirit went? who are you blaming for it? I'm pretty sure that McClaren's treatment of Buxton didn't go down very well and crushed some team spirit too.

January 2015 I would say. Not blaming anyone for it. 

What treatment of Buxton was that?

McClaren said at his last forum at the IPRO that half the team probably hated him at least the ones not playing in the first team anyway  

Just after that we missed the playoffs after being defeated by Reading 3-0 at home. 

The atmosphere was not good at that time allegedly because of the Newcastle stuff. 

Archived