I think it's time for a Rush/ Morris Q and A

WestLondonRam

1 minute ago, David said:

True and sorry for jumping in here but if the club are so willing to host Q&A sessions before, making fans aware of the direction they want to take the club, the long term vision, is not fair to think that maybe they should let us update us with the new vision?

Don't get me wrong they don't have to, I'm not expecting or demanding one, it's just that they have been very open with us in the past, running sessions every few months, to suddenly cut things off and go silent will frustrate many, especially given recent events as in the shift from head coach to manager and the Chris Martin loan.

Could already be one long planned on the agenda, just think the timing is perfect now, get it in before the Newcastle game as that could turn very toxic if we see another Burton style performance.

Perhaps that is another change in direction. Mel probably thinks that being open with the fans and letting know what he thinks has got him nothing but grief and he has decided to let them either like it or lump it with no explanation.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q&A season regarding the direction of the club? Modern day football fans are so **** sometimes, let the chairman and manager get in with their job - we are only 5 games into the season :-)

1 hour ago, trevor1946 said:

Moslyn flying the flag again For Mel n Sam,what a servant..words being twisted,that is a good one coming from you

No i dont want a forum with the owner.And Sam Rush talking about football,is a definate no,We have a chairman

And a manager,and only time can dictate the future of our club,Fans have always been fickle,win and all is well.

Lose and total disbelieve,whats new,i know the internet,we can all have our say in the public demain,

The vast majority aint got the time or patience --Thousands who have never run a local football team

Derby fans in the last three years,have seen the Rush way,sack them,Lets hope Mel uses the derby way Patience,

This side has been developed  over 3 years of mismanagement,A good side,not taken to the next level or new phase,

Has promised by Mr Rush,So this failure has to be addressed,This blog  should be discussed at the end of may 2017

DO YOU EVER COMMENT ON A FOOTBALL MATCH?

3 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Most people whinged for Mel to take a backseat now the very same people are calling him out 

put your dummy back in. It needed freshening up 

Why be so patronising? And it's not JUST the changes… it's the events that took place in the seven months leading up to it… 

Just now, cannable said:

Why be so patronising? And it's not JUST the changes… it's the events that took place in the seven months leading up to it… 

Its not personally aimed at you is it? 

Just im sure some fans like a moan no matter what happens. 

"The yanks dont spend" we get Mel, "oooo he's wasting money" ... Well its his money not yours, you might contribute with ST and merchandise but you would no matter the chairman 

"mel should shut up take a back seat" five games in he now needs to come out snd justify this 

He needs to justify nothing to us lot and we need to get off our high horses. Its a football club not the end of the world.

i can tell you exactly whats happened. He appointed clement, backed him to the hilt, put his hands in his pocket to fund deals... Some of these deals havent worked out, clement didnt work out that's life.

This season he's put pearson in charge he doesnt fancy chris martin, he's gone again and backed pearson with a couple of buys and sold martin because he trusts his new man. what should he do? Refuse to sell martin who wont play under pearsons system? Should he say, no im not selling chris martin i'll pick the team like i allegedly did last year? 

He doesnt have to come out and do a Q&A. We're five games in and were acting like spoilt brats. Were acting like last seasons life long Leicester fans that will be dusting off their chelsea shirts now they've won the first three games

i dont agree with mel on every decision but i think he genuinely cares, i think he's learning the role of chairman and putting his own money in. He's human he makes the odd mistake bur for fans to spit their dummy out and call him out after five games are a disgrace. If i was mr morris id read this board and feel like jacking it in. 

Lets go back to the days of the three amigos? 

If I were Mel or Rush I wouldn't come anywhere near our fans until they get out of this current mindset. 

I went to Burton and for the first time in (eek so many) years of being a Derby fan I felt disgusted with the fans. From 10 mins in the shouts of '****, ffs!!!' were being bellowed from the stand. The boo boys were mostly youngsters, probably drunk and puffing their chests out looking smug and feeling like the dogs ******** because they think they know about football. They shouted insults then laughed and looked around to see who was appreciating their 'wit'. Laughing because they know they are getting people's backs up  

I was angry at the performance on the pitch but I have a brain to reason it out. It's football, if you want guaranteed entertainment go watch Riverdance, Eastenders or whatever floats your boat but stay away from football. 

Martin probably just had his day, didn't want to play here anymore. I've never had a job I've been in love with enough to stay forever, have you?? Or maybe he's got a new girlfriend in London? Maybe Pearson hates the sight of him? But Mel wouldn't tell people that, would he? 

Mel simply can't win. 

1 hour ago, ram1964 said:

Red sauce? Brown sauce?

They had Tabasco laid on for me last time - a bit wussy really.

Mel, take note - I like this one...

Ghost%20Single.jpg

21 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

If I were Mel or Rush I wouldn't come anywhere near our fans until they get out of this current mindset. 

I went to Burton and for the first time in (eek so many) years of being a Derby fan I felt disgusted with the fans. From 10 mins in the shouts of '****, ffs!!!' were being bellowed from the stand. The boo boys were mostly youngsters, probably drunk and puffing their chests out looking smug and feeling like the dogs ******** because they think they know about football. They shouted insults then laughed and looked around to see who was appreciating their 'wit'. Laughing because they know they are getting people's backs up  

I was angry at the performance on the pitch but I have a brain to reason it out. It's football, if you want guaranteed entertainment go watch Riverdance, Eastenders or whatever floats your boat but stay away from football. 

Martin probably just had his day, didn't want to play here anymore. I've never had a job I've been in love with enough to stay forever, have you?? Or maybe he's got a new girlfriend in London? Maybe Pearson hates the sight of him? But Mel wouldn't tell people that, would he? 

Mel simply can't win. 

Finally, another Riverdance devotee! :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Its not personally aimed at you is it? 

Just im sure some fans like a moan no matter what happens. 

"The yanks dont spend" we get Mel, "oooo he's wasting money" ... Well its his money not yours, you might contribute with ST and merchandise but you would no matter the chairman 

"mel should shut up take a back seat" five games in he now needs to come out snd justify this 

He needs to justify nothing to us lot and we need to get off our high horses. Its a football club not the end of the world.

i can tell you exactly whats happened. He appointed clement, backed him to the hilt, put his hands in his pocket to fund deals... Some of these deals havent worked out, clement didnt work out that's life.

This season he's put pearson in charge he doesnt fancy chris martin, he's gone again and backed pearson with a couple of buys and sold martin because he trusts his new man. what should he do? Refuse to sell martin who wont play under pearsons system? Should he say, no im not selling chris martin i'll pick the team like i allegedly did last year? 

He doesnt have to come out and do a Q&A. We're five games in and were acting like spoilt brats. Were acting like last seasons life long Leicester fans that will be dusting off their chelsea shirts now they've won the first three games

i dont agree with mel on every decision but i think he genuinely cares, i think he's learning the role of chairman and putting his own money in. He's human he makes the odd mistake bur for fans to spit their dummy out and call him out after five games are a disgrace. If i was mr morris id read this board and feel like jacking it in. 

Lets go back to the days of the three amigos? 

No one has spat there dummies out, no one has said that we want rid of Mel or blamed him for anything. 

I would just like to know a few details which may of changed.. 

As for the referring to Chelsea dig that's fine, but I'm sure I've been to my fair share over the years. 

Mel Morris is the owner of the club ,and also the chairman,and employs people to do certain functions at the club.

Nigel Pearson has been employed to manage the club, and any questions should be directed at him,but be warned he does not suffer fools  ,The owner plus chairman runs the club,and are occupied on many important issues.

During the summer months when the season is over football forums are good to interact with fans,No one can  judge a season till it is over...-------.There are many twist and turns---

Chairman--- Manager----i like it -----Keeps the dick heads away

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 12:40, Mostyn6 said:

fans of this club deserve nothing from Mel (and Sam), everything they've done has been thrown back in their faces.

Even if they did a Q&A session, every word will be twisted and every statement exaggerated and used as a stick to beat them with.

Nope, If I was Mel, I'd ignore all demands from fans.

Simply, you pay your money you takes your choice. If you don't like it, don't go. We need to dilute the poison amongst so-called fans, so a few getting the hump and staying away is welcomed by me.

Don't get me wrong, the football isn't good, the players are shot mentally. This is the result of fans being a disgrace when things were pretty good.

Maybe @David should re-launch the thread which was a direct a question to the club and suggestions, put what you want to ask in there.

Most, I agree with you a lot of the time these days but.....

isn't that the biggest reason you and your mate Troy gave for getting rid of NC? Dwindling crowds?

Just now, ronnieronalde said:

isn't that the biggest reason you and your mate Troy gave for getting rid of NC? Dwindling crowds?

ummmm.

I'm looking from a different angle. Had the crowd been full of idiots under the Clough regime, I'd have wanted them to stay away. But Clough lost the fan's fan. Those that go to support and enjoy.Those that understand football guarantees nothing and players are humans. I can obviously only talk about what I know, and the people I know would never boo, and those amongst them that stopped going towards the end of Nigel's days did so cos of despondency. 

I don't know where this lot of angry shouters and booers came from, I cannot remember them aside of a few PL games under Jewell, but even then it was mainly at HT or FT. Although there has always been a scapegoat in the side. 

It just seems a bit more apparent and less justified now than ever.

4 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

actually no. My main reason for getting rid was what I saw as an apparent refusal by NC to improve the set-up. All managers lack one or two attributes, he is no different, he should have made sure his staff made up for what he lacked.

@Mostyn6 I never really got this. The football was half-decent under Clough and we scored goals at home (53 in our 26 games there). It was frustrating at times but it was never THAT bad. You could see that we were improving and building as a club.

Sure, Clough was holding the group we had back… but it wasn't bad enough to make me not want to go.

Archived