Thanks Mel

CastletonRam

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OwenB87 said:

For what it's worth I know Laurie & we're actually good mates from Uni.

He's certainly no bullshitter.

I suspect we're being told slightly different things by similar people, which is a regular hazard of the transfer window!

arrr. Owen sweared!

I don't get the obsession with signing yet more players.

After spunking an obscene amount of money last season wouldn't you want Pearson to work with what he already has got?

That's the issue I had with the Burke transfer, I was happy with the squad in general, no need to change it, now he is under pressure to replace.. And we'll probably get a few duffers

2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

After spunking an obscene amount of money last season wouldn't you want Pearson to work with what he already has got?

That's the issue I had with the Burke transfer, I was happy with the squad in general, no need to change it, now he is under pressure to replace.. And we'll probably get a few duffers

Not if Pearson insists on playing a certain system, which players like Martin don't seem to fit. We look to be selling before we buy so it's not like we're going to spend another 25 mil with no outgoings.

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

This is the thing - it appears as if Pearson wants to impose his style of play on the team despite many of our players appear incapable of adapting. 

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

You're right to some degree, but it's clear to see that Pearson needs to bring players who fit or he needs to play to the existing players' strengths. The squad we have are better for the pretty passing style we previously playing. There's obviously an argument to be made that this style failed, which if Pearson believes then he's got no choice but to change it to his style. But that requires actual wingers not wide strikers, to give one example. It means he needs more pace all over the pitch.

Sith Happens
Just now, Red_Dawn said:

I see no point in keep buying unless its proven quality to be better than what we have got already. I sitll think most of the buys from last season are good players and in most cases we needed to buy, the fact that we had money inflated the price tag, but then forest will know all about that from when they were flashing the cash themselves.

Glad we have so far balanced the books some this summer. Puts net spend over the 2 seasons closer to 20 million which doesnt seem so bad.

16 hours ago, Hadabelly said:

If I was Mel Morris reading this I'd think to myself - right miserable b***ers - I'll not put another penny into the club.

I suspect Mel already makes allowances for the intellectually challenged. I think he is smart enough to just raise his eyebrows at those who come on here spouting nonsense. 

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was told if something is likely to happen it will probably be a CB or CM. 

german?

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

That's how I see it. 

If Brighton or Wednesday had a mass overhaul in the summer we'd be scratching our heads asking why they don't just build on what they had.

In short the answer to your post is 'cus Leicester'

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That's how I see it. 

If Brighton or Wednesday had a mass overhaul in the summer we'd be scratching our heads asking why they don't just build on what they had.

In short the answer to your post is 'cus Leicester'

I wonder what the thoughts of the broader fan base are on this break up of the squad? It's easy to get wrapped up in your own little bubble on the likes of twitter and the forum and the moan-in. The vast majority of Derby fans don't participate in these things so I wonder what their opinions are? It would be interesting  to see who's opinions are those of the true majority.

18 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

£25 million spent last season on absolute garbage that's made the team no better, now we're facing the prospect of not signing anyone else tomorrow. We've signed Vydra and sold Hendrick which leaves us at net profit of about £1.5 million. Still need another striker, winger, and right back at a minimum. If not it's going to be a long season. Squad have already proven they aren't even going to show up against league one fodder. What exactly is Mel doing here if he's not going to improve the squad. Bottom line if we spent better last season didn't buy so many losers on long contracts and overinflated wages and instead got players who wanted to play for the shirt we wouldn't be in this mess. Wasted another transfer window. 

By trade Mel is in the IT Buisness. He's not a professional footballer, coach or scout. Just a fan like us. Well perhaps not like you, but like the majority of us. He would have been asked for and gladly spent the money he did last year on the advise of others. He shouldn't be expected to do it year after year. He's paying for last seasons mistakes not you. It's going to take time now to rebuild.

22 minutes ago, Doodle said:

By trade Mel is in the IT Buisness. He's not a professional footballer, coach or scout. Just a fan like us. Well perhaps not like you, but like the majority of us. He would have been asked for and gladly spent the money he did last year on the advise of others. He shouldn't be expected to do it year after year. He's paying for last seasons mistakes not you. It's going to take time now to rebuild.

Doesn't matter how many you put on the ignore list, a new one appears. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Doesn't matter how many you put on the ignore list, a new one appears. 

I don't put anyone on 'ignore'. I find some of the stuff on here hilarious. I love the ones like [can't remember his name] who was blaming Mel for wasting the money last season. He must think that the poor guy goes out and scouts himself.....love it.

9 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

For what it's worth I know Laurie & we're actually good mates from Uni.

He's certainly no bullshitter.

I suspect we're being told slightly different things by similar people, which is a regular hazard of the transfer window!

Fair enough. I know Ed Dawes and we're actually good mates not from Uni.

I make no claims about his honesty, mind.

Archived