Thanks Mel

CastletonRam

£25 million spent last season on absolute garbage that's made the team no better, now we're facing the prospect of not signing anyone else tomorrow. We've signed Vydra and sold Hendrick which leaves us at net profit of about £1.5 million. Still need another striker, winger, and right back at a minimum. If not it's going to be a long season. Squad have already proven they aren't even going to show up against league one fodder. What exactly is Mel doing here if he's not going to improve the squad. Bottom line if we spent better last season didn't buy so many losers on long contracts and overinflated wages and instead got players who wanted to play for the shirt we wouldn't be in this mess. Wasted another transfer window. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facing the prospect of signing nobody tomorrow? You good at predicting the future then?

If you're that good you could win the lottery a few times, buy a big yacht somewhere and surround yourself with beautiful girls (or men if you'd prefer), then perhaps you would be happier and have less to moan about as that's seemingly all you do. Every post I've seen from you has some weird bitter influence behind it.

Perhaps we could wait 24 more hours before complaining about it? I expect if this time tomorrow we have solved your wishes with a striker, winger and right back, you'll still have something to moan about.

3 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

£25 million spent last season on absolute garbage that's made the team no better, now we're facing the prospect of not signing anyone else tomorrow. We've signed Vydra and sold Hendrick which leaves us at net profit of about £1.5 million. Still need another striker, winger, and right back at a minimum. If not it's going to be a long season. Squad have already proven they aren't even going to show up against league one fodder. What exactly is Mel doing here if he's not going to improve the squad. Bottom line if we spent better last season didn't buy so many losers on long contracts and overinflated wages and instead got players who wanted to play for the shirt we wouldn't be in this mess. Wasted another transfer window. 

24 hours left of the window, bit early for this?

4 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

You're trying too hard, Fawaz.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Facing the prospect of signing nobody tomorrow? You good at predicting the future then?

If you're that good you could win the lottery a few times, buy a big yacht somewhere and surround yourself with beautiful girls (or men if you'd prefer), then perhaps you would be happier and have less to moan about as that's seemingly all you do. Every post I've seen from you has some weird bitter influence behind it.

Perhaps we could wait 24 more hours before complaining about it? I expect if this time tomorrow we have solved your wishes with a striker, winger and right back, you'll still have something to moan about.

We won't sign players to add to an already bloated squad, people keep forgetting that.

Let's sign Rhodes for X million, paying the  likes of Darren Bent and Nick Blackman to sit on the bench doing sod all.

We need to shift on the deadwood, mutual termination if needs be for Baird and Bent.

6 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

If I was Mel Morris reading this I'd think to myself - right miserable b***ers - I'll not put another penny into the club.

7 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Bottom line if we spent better last season didn't buy so many losers on long contracts and overinflated wages and instead got players who wanted to play for the shirt we wouldn't be in this mess. Wasted another transfer window. 

Whats the saying about hindsight having 20 20 vision? Maybe Mel has realised he did spend overly inflated prices on average players so to avoid getting his fingers burnt twice is being actively cautious in his transfer dealings this summer. Or would you have him waste some more of his millions on bang average players so you could complain about that as well, not sure what you want.

11 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

I'd rather believe Owen Bradley over some journalist with 4,000 followers. Bullshit transfer accounts have more followers than that. Take away the blue tick and nobody would listen to a word.

4 minutes ago, Hadabelly said:

If I was Mel Morris reading this I'd think to myself - right miserable b***ers - I'll not put another penny into the club.

If you were Mel Morris reading this you'd be smart enough to realize CR's a gump trying to stir up trouble.

13 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

So just to be clear here, you're lambasting MM for spending £25m last season and lambasting for not spending £25m this season. 

Do you think MM chooses the players we buy?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So just to be clear here, you're lambasting MM for spending £25m last season and lambasting for not spending £25m this season. 

If MM stands for Mickey Mouse, possibly.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, I'm lambasting him for spending it on dross, not the amount itself. We'd be in the Premier League right now if it had been spent well. In a way it is about hindsight, because last year was the best chance we had and we blew it, with the TV money inflating parachute payments clubs coming down are now spending £50 million a window and taking all our targets leaving us weaker. No way we're going up this season. 

Dont see many others ready to step up to the plate!Sure Mel is on a learning curve and made mistakes,but he is making them with his own money.Every club makes poor signings even more employ inappropiate managers and staff,otherwise they woud have jobs for life.

Look at the money man city have wasted and Chelsea in recent years on over rated players and massive transfer fees costing 100s of millions .

Unless you know of a better candidate to be owning and investing in the club ,prepared to spend their own money and invest in the academy and training facilities whilst financially supporting all recent managers i think your opinion is albeit entitled but utter garbage.

Cant think of many clubs in this division that are not envious of are financial position,sponsorship deals,stadium training facilities and ability to attract coaching staff of the calibre and experience of those in recent years.

yes its not all fitted together,disapointments on and off the pitch but at least things appear to be happening,unlike at other clubs.

Archived